HybridZ

Front Airdam Colour; red or black???-PHOTOSHOP PICS

toecutter

I went satin black with my front bumper. spray can satin black. You know it will get chipped up eventually, and with spray can satin, you can touch up any time. With satin, you get an even looking coat, even if its not applied evenly. I can spot paint and you can't tell.

I hated the look of black ZG flares on ANY car until I saw them on 2003Z's car with the black door sill stripe and matching black bumper trim. Then I saw your red car with the same factory graphics. I think this is exactly what the car needs to make a black or carbon over-fender work without paint. The flow across the car, front to rear, just simply WORKS like that... :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Both air dams look good. I agree with the comment about the satin black rattle cans, unles your bumper is metal. If it is, get it powder coated. :2thumbs:

Mike

My car is currently being disassembled for paint. But when it goes back together, it's going to be repainted in ivory, with black ZG flares and a black BRE spook and BRE spoiler. It will have Vitaloni Californian mirrors, and that's it.

I'll post pictures next spring when everything's together, but I've put a lot of thought into the color combo and the external flares and how everything's going to look. I think it's going to be a good combo.

So....in case I haven't made myself clear, I vote for black! You just can't beat a black spook or air dam.

Thanks guys black it is!

Grymlynsan, I bought the air dam from a friend who makes them to order. He makes this front air damn as well as about three other popular types seen on the net. He also makes ZG flares, BRE rear fins, side skirts, fibre glass S30 dashes, inner door trims (covers) and the list goes on, however he is located in Melbourne Australia so it's probably not very convinient for most on this forum but I'll add a link to his contact details anyway!

http://www.viczcar.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=87

Cheers

Sulio

Oh by the way, Grymlynsan have you got a bigger pic of the car thats your avatar, looks pretty cool but too small to really check out!

Guest grimlynsan
Oh by the way, Grymlynsan have you got a bigger pic of the car thats your avatar, looks pretty cool but too small to really check out!

058611.jpg

I'm going to do the same paint theme but with silver instead of yellow (until I come into some money). I'm not doing the light protectors, I have a different air dam, i'm going for 17" ROH Milano's, and i'm thinking about puting on the decal like yours. Oh yeah, almost forgot, I have an extra two seats!

When I'm done you'll barely be able to tell the two cars apart. hahahaha!!!

i never liked body color air dams but i think urs looks better red.

im doing my blue Z's air dam blue now.. it was black.

i need a change and i think it will do the trick.

that yellow Z is omg hotness!!

mike

Richard,

I don't think Fibreglassman on e-bay is the same person.

Grymlynsan,

that sure does look nice. I'm not a fan of those headlight covers either. Looking forward to seeing your car finished.

ON3GO,

Don't you have a green Z. I really like the look of the green and black. Is the blue one a second one in the garage or am I totally off!? How about some pics mate?

Cheers

Sulio

ya my green Z has a black air dam..

im gonna be going with a different one soon that will be Carbon Fiber but im still not sure if ill paint it or not.

IMAG1.JPG

q13dg.JPG

green Z is in florida, blue Z in texas.

mike

it needs ALOT more work. but thank you!

as soon as i get it back ill be doing the paint and body work to it.. already have the color and im starting to get the body panels ready for it.

mike