HybridZ

LS2 swap pics

Was that the engine out of the GTO?

Does the Camro oil pan just bolt up' date=' or did you have to do anything special with the oil pick up. I think you guys said in the past you had to change the MAF too. Anything else that had to be replaced?

Trying to gauge what added expenses are involved with the LS2 swap over the LS1[/quote']

Camaro oil pan bolted right up,We were going with the throttle cable instead of drive by wire.Plans changed and we are staying with drive by wire.

bill, whadya drive in the navy? flew kc130's myself for the corps...used to do testing of my car at cabiness field when stationed at corpus christi. i'd flash my id to the guard and he'd just wave me in. had a great time blasting around the runways on the inactive flying days.

Man is that sweet! It looks super nice.

I remember when I was at that stage with my LS1 swap. I got the new fuel rail covers and popped them on. Gives it that great finishing touch.

Seems like it was only yesterday that mine was still on Jackstands. Now I am driving it. Somebody wake my up. It must be a dream.

That is how I feel every time I drive mine. You are going to love it.

Did Mike say when he thinks it will be done?

He did his 240Z LS1 swap in like a weekend and the RX7 swap in like a week so yours should be ready soon.

That engine looks nice. Is that a new motor? if not what did you used to clean up the motor? Also what alternator did you used? I had the stock C5 alternator and I couldn't fit it any where. I searched around and found a small alternator from a Honda Accord which fits where the stock compressor location. Thanks for any info on the above questions and good luck with your project.

PS. I can't wait until I am getting to where you are at.

"I had a hard time deciding on what color to go before painting the car.I was going with laguna seca blue or red.I had even a harder time picking the red that its on now.There are tons of codes for red,I like how this one tends to change a little during the day."

Nice install, nice paint. Who painted the car?

I've seen the car a few times. The pictures look nice, seeing the car in person, awesome!!! Now....... Pushing it around with no tie-rod ends... What is up with that Mike! Very nice color, I thought my install was clean. Mike is doing a very clean install. Keep it up!

JOEY

"I had a hard time deciding on what color to go before painting the car.I was going with laguna seca blue or red.I had even a harder time picking the red that its on now.There are tons of codes for red' date='I like how this one tends to change a little during the day."

Nice install, nice paint. Who painted the car?[/quote']

if you want laguna seca blue then check out my blue Z..

1st laguna seca blue Z :D

mike

if you want laguna seca blue then check out my blue Z..

1st laguna seca blue Z :D

mike

I saw it in thr body/paint section.

Recognized the color right away.Looks very nice!

Hey Joey,

I got the tierodends today,It's not Mike's fault.I also have the brakebooster and the battery was shipped today too.I should be @ Mike's by the end of the week again to drop off this parts.

The paint got done in san jose' date='By castillos bodyshop.I'm not so happy with him,After the engine bay got painte.I have to take it back so they can fix some details left.If you want he's info I will let you have it.[/quote']

Just currious. What weren't you happy with? I'm looking for a good paint shop that's reasonalblly priced. The car looks really straight from what I can see in the pictures.

Just currious. What weren't you happy with? I'm looking for a good paint shop that's reasonalblly priced. The car looks really straight from what I can see in the pictures.

They did not get rid of some rust,were the rad support is.I showed the guy and he said to bring it back,I would of got it fixed,But I had a date set with Mike to bring the car to him.The owner is a very nice guy,But those employes he has now!

He's price was reasonabe to me at the time I painted the car.Like I said it has been 2 and 1/2 years now so prices have changed.

• 2 months later...

Well I am very interested in this swap since I am in the process of doing the same one, except I am using a 4L65E tranny and a Z32TT diff, with custom halfshafts. (current shafts I am looking at are from an '05 GTO).

When I am done the car will be a about 70% GM and only 30% Datsun...

Please keep us updated.