HybridZ

Ls1 Z Dyno And Tune Day!!!

Finally had a chance to get Dyno tuned this weekend. I went with speed density.(no-more MAF). I went to SYNERGY in Fremont. ph. 510-796-3749 or e-mail Rick@synergymotorsports.net. I was there from 8:00 to 2:00. I was refered to him by MAS280. Funny thing I was the guinnie pig to see what kind of tuning they do. I was totally impressed. The end result was 419.3 rwhp and 402 lbs of torque!!! Rick with out a doubt knows LS1'S and how to tune! http://ebiz.netopia.com/synergy/pictures/view_alone.nhtml?profile=pictures&UID=10203

The reason for Speed Density is more h.p., torque and quicker throttle responce! The only down fall is not as good gas milieage.

JOEY

Mods to the motor.... AFR 205 heads, Texas Speed and performance cam, Sanderson/JTR headers and all the usual bolt ons. Another note on the SD/Synergy tune: As well as the hp and torque, The car is ALOT more driveable now. Idle is alot smoother (112 center line), Throttle responce is instant and cruising on the freeway (6th gear, 70 mph around 1700 rpm's) is like my Integra, nice and comfortable. The car is alot more fun to drive. What I have to do next is switch out the trans. I believe I have a bent shift fork. The car is very hard to get into 2nd and if your out at the track forget it! The good news is my RX-7 doner motor came with what looks like a rebuilt trans! Hopefully be out at the track this Saturday!

JOEY

Forgot to add a couple of add ons that could or did make some what of a difference. Changed out John's cars pump (walbro 190) to walbro 255. Switched out the stock injectors to Ford Svo 30lb (36lb). Reason being it seemed the car was running lean at top end.(pinging).

JOEY

You simply can't beat a nice tune. I keep preaching that over on Corvetteforum and the hard core guys know what I"m talking about. The penny loafer, bolt-on idiots who don't want to spend a few bucks on tuning to maximize their parts combo potential just snicker and go "I'm not paying that for a tune! I can get a handheld tuner for that much!" I just roll my eyes and go on about my business.

MY vette was a completely different car after the tune... So much more drivable, so much more torque and I picked up 20+ hp over the baseline just tuning in more timing (We've got 28 degrees base) and tuning out the pig rich fuel.

Joey, You've got the numbers we were shooting for with our combo... Heads killed it for us. Any of you guys heard about any reports on the new Dart aluminum LS1 heads yet?

Mike

MIKELLY.... I'm happy with the AFR 205'S. My FD project I'm going with TEA stage 3, 5.3 heads. MAS280'S heads on his LS2-RX7. What I'm getting at, Is Mike ordered a set of heads from the east coast that just came out. According to Mike and the guys at Synergy, They are the hottest thing out right now. Can't think of the name but I'm sure he will chime in with the info!

JOEY

I will be using the ETP 225 heads on my 402 in a few weeks.

I have been very happy with the Speed Density tune also. The drivability is much better than a MAF car. I love the throttle responce from a SD tune.

So Joey when are you going to step up to a 402??????? The ls1 motor fells Like it has no tq now.

Very impressive numbers, we want to put our car on the dyno before the z shootout to see what it is putting out and if we can squeeze some out of her. We try to tune at the track but we are running so good, plus on a dyno 3hours worth is like 6 months at the track. Any congrats on the numbers of the ls1.

Thats a good question Brett... We didn't do a pull with my stock tune. According to MAS280 and Rick at Synergy, I was probably around 350-360 at the wheels. Mind you guys.... When I pulled my 11.3 @ 119. I wasn't using my ecu. I was using MAS280'S ecu with a dynotuned program that's identical to what Brett is running around with right now (his motor in the fd is the same as as mine with the exception he has long tubes) and still with a MAF. I didn't like the drivability at all and when I wasn't racing I would switch back. Wide open throttle was great around town or freeway sucked! What I'm getting at Brett, is when you get your ecu, See Rick and do the SD tune and you will be driving a hole different animal!!!!!!!!!! HANDS DOWN!!!!!

JOEY