HybridZ

Mustang in Japan...not a V-8 under the hood

S30TRBO

I can't believe I'm adding to this post...

I'm just saying that going down in cylinder count is not IMO would should be done. IMO a great swap is something that shows great inginuity, and enhances the car. Dropping a few cyl does not enhance a car. I don't car if it makes 1000Hp with a 700 shot of nitros. The rotary is a whole different animal. When ever you think of an exotic sports car do you say, "Damn I wish it where a 4cyl"???????? I don't think so.:bonk:

I guess it's a good thing I don't build my car to please you. Personally, if anything ever happened to my L series, the turbo SR20 swap is probably what I'd do. I see lots of advantages (weight, package space, aftermarket support, for instance), and they can make some very serious power. Saying it's not an upgrade, even if it makes 1000hp is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Have you looked at the SR20'ed Zs that exist on this forum, and their level of workmanship and performance? Or do you just care about how many cylinders it has?

One more thing I think that this subject has been :beatdeadh.

So let it go already!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread and another going on right now are indicative of what happens when winter rolls around and cabin fever sets in...

We see it every year... Cold temps freeze the warm and fuzzy side of the brain.

I wanted to lock it about a page back... Glad someone beat me to it.

Truly disapointing.

Mike