HybridZ

*masturbates furiously*

auxilary

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The word over at moparts is that's pretty much how the car will look, and it will be produced in 2008. And, of course, it's going to have a Hemi. Jury is still out on how much it will weigh; I suspect, like the 05 mustang, it will be a fat pig.

Here's a pic of the new one and the original:

2235093-NewOld.jpg

jt

I have little hope. Dodge screwed up the Charger (4 frickin' doors, JFC!) and given another two years they are bound to screw this one up too. Probably come in at 4,200 lbs, will only be available with an automatic, and the traction control, skid control, ABD, etc. won't allow a burnout.

I have to agree with you johnc I just don't see this thing being anything other than a two door Charger...too heavy and targeted at a group that doesn't care for burnouts and doesn't understand what a combustion chamber is let alone a hemispherical one...this Hemi craze has really been driving me crazy.

It looks great though.

As long time muscle Mopar fan, I fully agree DCX screwed up the charger. They've got a second chance with this one, let's hope they get it right. 4-500 hp, curb weight in the very low 3000# range, straight drive, plenty of rubber, and light on computer assisted controls.

John

I was always fond of the Baracuda and Challenger body styling. Chrysler is building some very cool cars...too bulky in many cases but great styling just the same (excludes the PT Cruiser and it's front wheel drive). The downside is their quality control is still the pits. After years of the K car platform and recovery in the market it seems they could get that together.

Of course, I'm not just beating up on Chrysler as the other two players aren't in the arena either. It baffles me that the Asian and Euro manu's can build such better cars at competitive prices.

As long time muscle Mopar fan' date=' I fully agree DCX screwed up the charger. They've got a second chance with this one, let's hope they get it right. 4-500 hp, curb weight in the very low 3000# range, straight drive, plenty of rubber, and light on computer assisted controls.

John[/quote']

I wish too. I don't think that low 3,000 curb will happen, but it is possible. 4-500 probably in an SRT model or something of the sort.

• 3 weeks later...