HybridZ

My Rewinds showed up...pics

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking. Was this part of the NASA deal? If so had you ever heard back from them or did they just ship them? I have emailed countless times after Ernie left them and no one has emailed back. Just looking for any tips if that is where you got them. Thanks

That is awesome, I have the same rims and was just going to ask if they would fit with the Arizona Zcar kit and it looks like they do. Compared to stock front brakes how does that kit feel? I am seriously thinking ordering those brakes in the next couple of weeks.

And I had to call about the NASA deal. When you call Konig you have to ask for Jim Fisher. I heard it was suppose to end in 2005 but I am not sure.

I actually got the wheels from Techno Toy Tuning. Luckily when I called they had 3 sets coming in and I pre ordered them. 520 shipped, not too bad considering I wanted them pretty quick.

I haven't had a chance to test out the brakes on the road yet, I still need to get the tires put on and bleed the brakes. Btw, does anyone with wilwood calipers know the best way to bleed the brakes? Each side of the caliper has a bleeder valve. Is there a certain sequence?

Funny, they look EXACTLY like the ones that showed up on my doorstep today. Can't seem to wipe the silly grin off my face. I could use a set on my other Z, hey Mom wanna join NASA and support your country 8)

Thanks NASA and KONIG.

Any recommendations on tires that will be used more for fun than daily driving?

Chris

That stinks, I had the same problem with new 195/70/14's on 7" rims on my lowered 240z, hits the same. With the 15" I have a set of ok STAR H-rated on my 95 passat 205/50/15, the tire comparator says it is alot smaller but with the car being lowered quite a bit I was wondering if those would look ok. It would save me a bit of money to just reuse them. On tires.com they have some Falken ZE-512 at 205/60/15 H for $47 each and free shipping. I don't want to cut the fenders at all or install flares, the same tire in a 205/55/15 is $68(but V rated) any opinions on what will work on a lowered 240z w/eibach springs with the 15" rewinds that wont rub at turn and bumps?

Thanks Chris

Im going to the tire place I got the rims and tires from, They have treated me well and I hope they will swap my 205's for some 195's for the front. I hate having different size tires on a car. But im with you im not modifying the fenders. I want this to look all stock except for the small V8 emblem on the side.

I was seriously looking at the 15" Konigs. Can you guys chime in with some facts please.

Is it a fact they clear the AZ racing front brake conversion?

What size wheels and tires is anyone running on a lowered 240Z without problems with the Konigs?

Thanks,

Will

Alright guys, got the tires yesterday but it started raining. I just got back from trying to bed the brake pads. Brakes work awesome! A tad spongey, but I think I need to go back and re-bleed. As far as the the caliper clearance with the rewinds, I thought my first post would have made that clear. They fit great with no spacers. This is on a zx, but I don't see why it would be too much different than the 1st gen. Also, I'm using the 12.2 brakes from AZ, the 13 definately won't fit. Anyways, heres some more photos.

Btw, the wheels look 10x better in person...and yes I suck and taking pictures.:burnout:

rewind4.jpg

caliper_clearance.jpg

caliper_clearance2.jpg

The 195/60/15's fit fine on the front no rubbing at all. The car is lowered and they fill up the wheel opening well. Exhaust is next... I purchased the rims from DISCOUNT TIRE here in Ft Wayne, In. They were $100 each with shipping and tax it was $454. It only took 2 weeks to get them in. Nice Guys to deal with. And yes they do look 10 times better in person......

Alright, took some overall shots. With the new wheels, new front tokico struts, and power rec. ball --> Manual rack n pinion swap this car feels completely different. W/out the weight of all the power steering components and ac the car now sits a half in higher. :toetap05:

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg