HybridZ

Viper V10

TTLT1383Z

yes its being done.

lots of fab work had to be done from the looks of the pictures.

search im sure the thread is still here.

if you cant find it then ill try and post some pics of it.

mike

Actually there was one done about 3 years ago in Atlanta GA and there was one on Ebay (surprised me), but I can not recall if it sold or not. Maybe it can be found on Ebay if they keep the history, I will try to look tonight if I made a PDF of it back then and if so I will post it for you guys. The one in Atlanta was painted blue with the white stipes just like the viper in Viper paint. It was listed in the Dupont Registry for I believe 26k if I recall. Engine fit nicely but the owner said it was squirrelly. Those engines have some potential but stock they are way under tunned. We did some minor work on a 98 GTS and it was putting out over 560 hp (stock 450). It has had a lot more work done to it now and pumping close to 850 hp. You do not drive in the rain, dust on the road or anything that is slightly loose, especially not when the tires are cold. Also, converting a Z to a V10 viper is going to cost (large stock engine cost) way more than a twin turbo ls6 and they both have about the same wow factor.

• Administrators
Well, I talked to the builder, He said the car was at the paint shop, and won't be back at his shop for anothre month. But I was invited to take more pictures as soon as it get's back. Sorry guys. Not unitil next month.

We are SOOoo looking forward to those pics...

• 2 weeks later...

jesus! thats crazy. looks like a lot of work but not exactly hard to do compared to my damn rust bucket restoration. i like how they set it far back as they could to help balance it. thats going to be a nice *** z. its definately going to be able to kill vipers, you all think it would be able to handle the c06? i think so.

jesus! thats crazy. looks like a lot of work but not exactly hard to do compared to my damn rust bucket restoration. i like how they set it far back as they could to help balance it. thats going to be a nice *** z. its definately going to be able to kill vipers, you all think it would be able to handle the c06? i think so.

That is a lot of power. One problem though. I don't think it will ever get all that power to the ground. This good to look at and all but I don't think you will be able to drive the car very hard without breaking the rear tires loose all the time and tweeking the chassis. They will have to do alot of frame reinforcing and suspension work to get that beast going down the road. But, hey I still wouldn't mind having a go at it icon10.gif.

That is a lot of power. One problem though. I don't think it will ever get all that power to the ground. This good to look at and all but I don't think you will be able to drive the car very hard without breaking the rear tires loose all the time and tweeking the chassis. They will have to do alot of frame reinforcing and suspension work to get that beast going down the road. But, hey I still wouldn't mind having a go at it http://forums.hybridz.org/images/icons/icon10.gif[/img'].

Whats a stock viper motor put out? Its 505 flywheel hp isnt it? There are guys on here putting down higher numbers than that already and they seem to do alright.

Whats a stock viper motor put out? Its 505 flywheel hp isnt it? There are guys on here putting down higher numbers than that already and they seem to do alright.

Ask them how hard is it to control the car when you nail it. You have to baby the clutch just to keep the car from breaking traction. I have driven a viper before and belive me the car does not want to be taimed. Especially when driving a car with a light body like 240Z and no traction control. It's not impossible but very difficult. Like I said before I wouldn't mind giveing it a go icon7.gif.

• Administrators

My personal V-8 Z ran the ¼ mile in 12.3 @ 113 MPH, did 0-60 MPH in 4.2 seconds, dead even with the late 90’s Vipers. I have been in a full road race prepped Viper around the track, (14” WIDE slicks on all 4 corners, YEE HAA), felt just like being in my Z car, only LARGER, and the Viper was able to put the power down better than the Z on Corner exit. The V-8 Z was completely drivable, even my wife drove it back and forth to work. In the hands of an inexperienced driver, yes this kind of power to weight ratio is a handful, in the hands of a capable and experienced driver, the car never got out of shape unless the driver wanted to.

As for Z cars handling that kind of power, you should read the thread linked below. This guy has a Z car with STOCK suspension and differential, Blower and Nitrous est 700+ HP, does HUGE wheel stands. He runs 9.6 seconds at 143 MPH in the ¼ mile…Sure this car is an EXTREME Z, but I think it brings home the point that the Viper engine in the engine bay of a street Z is NO more crazy or unruly to drive than any other 500 HP engine in the engine bay of the Z car.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104179

Here is the Video of this came car doing a HUGE wheel stand…

http://www.jnjdragracing.com/ourcar.htm

Yours truly showing off for the camera, (everyone has pics of themselves drifting in their V-8 Z or even their V-10 Z right?)

Power on over steer ROCKS!!!!!

280z2Custom.jpg

That is a lot of power. One problem though. I don't think it will ever get all that power to the ground. This good to look at and all but I don't think you will be able to drive the car very hard without breaking the rear tires loose all the time and tweeking the chassis. They will have to do alot of frame reinforcing and suspension work to get that beast going down the road. But, hey I still wouldn't mind having a go at it http://forums.hybridz.org/images/icons/icon10.gif[/img'].

If you can't spin the tires all the way down the back straight you don't have enought power. Not my words, forgot who said it but it is right on the money.

• Administrators
If you can't spin the tires all the way down the back straight you don't have enought power. Not my words, forgot who said it but it is right on the money.

That’s funny you mention that. No matter how much power you have, it won’t be long till you start saying, “I could use a couple hundred more Horse Power”… Every one of my V-8 Z friends and good friend Dave Lum with his VG30DETT Datsun 510 all have said it… We have all ran deep into the 12’s with our street cars and all of us still want MORE!!!!!