HybridZ

Pics/vids of my 78 280z Turbo...

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

Like to introduce myself for those who don't know me...I'm Justin.

I browse the forums very often, but hardly ever post...i'm an active club member of Absolute Z of So Cal though. Just thought I'd break into the scene of posting more on here to see how it goes.

My 1978 Datsun 280z (Turbo)

SPECS:

Car: 1978 Datsun 280z (Turbo)

Exterior Color: Red /Flat Black

Interior Color: Black/Red

Est. Horsepower: 300 whp...untuned @ 15 psi...my new turbo (GT35R) I want to make 400+ whp

Under The Hood:

-L28ET (2.8L Inline 6 turbo)

-N47 Intake Manifold w/ Port and Polish

-FMIC'd T4 Turbo Setup

-One-Sided Intercooler

-3” Turbo back straight through exhaust that passes thru an Apexi N1 Turbo Muffler

-GReddy Type RS BOV

-Turbonetics External Wastegate w/ open dump tube

-Pallnet Billet Fuel Rail

-Supra 440cc Fuel Injectors

-70mm Throttle Body (stock is 50mm)

-Turbo Radiator w/ electric Fan

-ACT Stage 2 clutch

-Exedy Stage 2 Pressure Plate

-Turbo Flywheel

-Chrome Turbo Valve Cover (changing to a black powdercoat when I'm not lazy)

Suspension/Brakes:

-Tokico HP Struts

-Tokico 1” Lowering Springs

-MSA Front Sway Bar

-MSA Rear Sway Bar

-Energy Suspension Polyurethane Graphite Bushings along the chassis

-Cusco Front Strut Bar

-Cusco Rear Strut Bar (Modified)

-Rear Disc Conversion (Maxima Calipers/240sx Rotors)

Rims & Tires:

-16x7s - Riken Wheels-Black w/ Chrome Lips

-Front - Bridgestone Potenza 205/55ZR16 RE940s

-Rear - Bridgestone Potenza 205/55ZR16 S-03 Pole Positions

Electronics:

-Mega Squirt Stand Alone Engine Management System

-MSD 6-BTM Ignition Kit

-1978 280z non-turbo Distributor

-Blitz SBC Dual SBC Spec-S Electronic Boost Controller

-Blitz MST Turbo Timer

-Digital Speedometer Gauge

-Digital Tachometer Gauge

-Digital Boost Gauge

Lighting:

-Custom Retrofitted Dual Beam HID Projectors (One off…imported from Germany)

-Osram Sealed Ballasts

-Osram D1S 4300k Bulbs

Exterior:

-240z Fiberglass Front Bumper

-240z Fiberglass Rear Bumper

-Xenon Front Air dam

-JDM ZG Fender Flares

-JDM Fender Mirrors

-MSA Classic Spoiler

-Clear Headlight Covers

Interior:

-Momo Red/Black Steering Wheel

-Black Dash Cap

-Red/Black Racing Seats

-Auto Power Roll Bar w/ custom cross bar

-Safequip 5 point Camloc Racing Harnesses

-MSA Short Shifter Kit w/ shifter cut down 2”

I.C.E.:

-Pioneer Head Unit

-Pioneer 6x9s in back

Future Upgrades:

-Coilovers

-Garrett GT35R Dual Ball Bearing Turbo

-Tial 38mm External Wastegate

-Bigger Intercooler

-Fairlady R432 Grille (Ready to install)

-Mild Schneider Cam (Ready to install)

-N42 intake manifold (Ready for some modifications)

OR

-Lonewolf Intake Manifold

-Front Brake Upgrade – 4 piston calipers

-Dyno-tuning

-Custom LED Tail lights

-15-17 gallon aluminum fuel cell

-Stroker Kit

-Forged Internals (Coming in April 06!)

-Wider Rims and Tires

-LSD differential swap

-Stereo that has some decent sounds...like my Corolla...haha not that intense though

http://www.cardomain.com/id/rollaryder1103

VIDS: (Right click, save as...for faster viewing)

Gettin' on the freeway...boost blur

Street Boostin'

PICS:

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0011a.jpg

Seats.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

HID Projector Low Beams...

IMG_0061a.jpg

HID Projector High Beams...

IMG_0062a.jpg

My Z - Cardomain

Guest bastaad525

yeah I'd also like to know more about this Absolute Z.

I'm not a member of any clubs around here (I'm in Northridge) though I've met up with a few guys who own first gen Z's at local car meets (all kinds of cars mostly imports though).

Yours is basically how I'd always wished mine would end up but it's not gonna happen now :( cars for sale anyways but I'm still enjoying it while I've still got it and would love to meet up with some other Z guys again.

Guest 280ZForce
VERY nice car..

love the headlights... can ya give us some info on them?

you did a awesome job on that car!

mike

Yea!! love the red/black look. I also would like to know about the headlights.....

Prototype (one off...no biters on this 1) HID projectors imported and designed/constructed in Germany' date=' they r dot/ece spec. It is a clear projector lens and also has high and low beam magnetic feature, the complexity of the projector allows it to give off more light than our projectors here...also the projector is one that isn’t even produced in the US (well except mine..hehe). And everything is plug in play w/ the provided harness/wiring. Osram d1s 4300k bulbs, Osram sealed ballast.

I was lucky to come across these as they were in the process of building them when I bought them and I have a friend who does custom retrofits and his warehouse supplier told him about them.

Hi there! Very well done Z!!!! I wasn't aware there was an Absolute Z of So.Cal. Where do you guys meet?
hey that is a hot looking 280z where do you guys meet in southern cal i would like to go meet with you guys
yeah I'd also like to know more about this Absolute Z.

I'm not a member of any clubs around here (I'm in Northridge) though I've met up with a few guys who own first gen Z's at local car meets (all kinds of cars mostly imports though).

Yours is basically how I'd always wished mine would end up but it's not gonna happen now cars for sale anyways but I'm still enjoying it while I've still got it and would love to meet up with some other Z guys again.

please check out Absolute Z Club of So Cal...we usually meet up 1st Saturdays of the month @ Frisco's...info provided on site.

That is a very sexy' date=' well modified Z.

I'm interested in the MSD, what exactly does it do? Can I see some pics of the Inlet manifold from the top, is it the webbed runner manifold?

What model is that Momo steering wheel? Its very nice![/quote']

the msd controls/advances timing...ignition unit. the manifold is a n47 ported and polished w/ no webbing.

I like it!

Can you give a little more info on the speedo and tach guages that you selected?

the speedo/tach are cyberdyne...vei also makes good ones.

Prototype (one off...no biters on this 1) HID projectors imported and designed/constructed in Germany. It is a clear projector lens and also has high and low beam magnetic feature' date=' the complexity of the projector allows it to give off more light than our projectors here...also the projector is one that isn’t even produced in the US (well except mine..hehe). And everything is plug in play w/ the provided harness/wiring. Osram d1s 4300k bulbs, Osram sealed ballast.

I was lucky to come across these as they were in the process of building them when I bought them and I have a friend who does custom retrofits and his warehouse supplier told him about them.

[/quote']

Well, since I already know about them, and was just pondering ordering a set, I'm not a biter , but yours are the first I have seen on a Z, and answers my question of just how they will look. Now that I know, I'm still not sure about it. Very cool idea, just not sure the style is me. I was thinking about painting the housing body color though, give it a bit more of a Ferrari type look than the chrome.

Same company has a more classic look 7" round HID that I may go for if I do decide against the projector.

BTW, beautiful car !

Anyway, for the others interested.....

http://www.xesighting.com/products_detail.asp?nav=1&cat=1&prod=94

Any close ups of the light area ?

Jason

Guest 280ZForce
Well' date=' since I already know about them, and was just pondering ordering a set, I'm not a biter , but yours are the first I have seen on a Z, and answers my question of just how they will look. Now that I know, I'm still not sure about it. Very cool idea, just not sure the style is me. I was thinking about painting the housing body color though, give it a bit more of a Ferrari type look than the chrome.

Same company has a more classic look 7" round HID that I may go for if I do decide against the projector.

BTW, beautiful car!

Anyway, for the others interested.....

http://www.xesighting.com/products_detail.asp?nav=1&cat=1&prod=94

Any close ups of the light area ?

Jason[/quote']

that is NOT the company which provided me the headlights.

How do u think u know bout them? the link u provided is for a way overpriced halogen projector. i've seen those before.

and for those who dont know...u cant convert a halogen projector by putting a hid bulb in it. halogen and hid projectors have way different complexities.

My projectors r dot/ece spec. mine did come all chrome originally, but i had them painted flat black and left some chrome parts.

the dual beam hid projector technology here in US utilizes a flapper that goes up and down and can cause probs or get stuck or fall, prone to failure over time. Mine r magnetic that slides up and down and work great everytime...gurantee it!

nice try on tryin 2 find them tho...lol...these r german spec projectors and were imported from there as prototypes. All other companies r tryin to copy it in less quality. see the haziness/yellow in the lense that other company uses just like all the other US cars w/ projectors?

here's some close ups...check out the clarity of that lense compared to others...

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Yeah, yours are fairly different once you see them close up. From what I could see in your previous pics, I was pretty sure it was the ones I had found out about a couple of weeks ago. I figured you had gotten your hands on a preproduction unit or early import of what this company is selling.

BTW, if I read correctly, the ones from the company I posted (XSighting Lighting) are not the cheap halogen with a tinted bulb deal, they are an actual HID, using the same line of (yours are S, they show R, different temp?)HID capsules as yours....

"HID bulbs are designed to last up to ten times longer than standard halogen bulbs, typically up to 3,000 hours. But should you ever need a replacement, you can purchase one from authorized auto parts dealers. We recommend that you replace the bulb with an Osram D1R HID Capsule."

BTW2, I learned about this company in the current issue of Super Rod magazine, "55 Hot New Products" or something like that....

Either way, cool concept and again, beautiful car.......

Jason

Oh, close up picture of the XSighting Lighting and ballast...

http://www.xesighting.com/products_detail.asp?nav=1&cat=1&prod=80