HybridZ

Got my Arizona Z Car oil pan...

Guest ON3GO

sucker is heavy!

anybody ever weigh theres?? i dont have a scale..

very nice part though, wasnt packaged very well but besides that A+!

cant wait till i install it.

along with alllllllllllllllll new gaskets and a few more mods for ole blue Z...

100_1173.JPG

100_1172.JPG

mike

Get your drill out! Ive got one of these pans, and the quality is NOT what you would expect for the price. I had to drill out TEN holes, just to get them to align properly. THEN, I ask DAVE at AZZCAR, what pickup it used, and he says, doesnt matter, so I use a first gen pickup, and during assembly, sure it will bolt on, but the freakin pickup BLOCKS the baffled door! I mean, KNOW YOUR PRODUCT, and let your customer know that it needs a ZX pickup!!! PLUS, the HOLES that hold down the valley pan, were STRIPPPED, and I had to drill and tap to a bigger size just so it would work. The doors needed ALOT of finess, to make them smooth. SO to sum up, I had about 5 hours, of work to do to the pan, before it was usable.

Some of the holes on my AZC oil pan where slightly out but with a bit of jiggling of the pan during torque down I got them all to align without having to redrill.

1 Fast,

I used a 240Z pickup and did'nt find any issues with it blocking the trap doors, I checked mine for operation with the pan bolted on and shone a flexy micro torch through the drain hole and the oil temp sender hole then truned the engine side to side on the stand to make sure they where opening, where did you find yours blocking?

Also, you used ARP main studs?, did you find you had to remove some material from oil pan to allow the rear main studs to clear the inner edge so the pan would move far enough forward to allow some holes to align?, I know I did

Tim

I have one of these pans too. Did not drill any holes, and the traps worked good. Once they get lubricated with the oil, I think they will work a lot better.

I used the pick-up that was on my turbo 82 F54 block. Besides having to put together my clutch assembly twice, (forgot I couldn't get it on with all that on) I was happy with it.