HybridZ

This Car KICKS AZZ!! Video of Ariel Atom

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

You could probably build one as fast for the price, but not something as well set up as that is, and not one that is street legal. Also, wouldn't you be able to use any of the tons of aftermarket support for honda engines and build an atom with say 350-400 hp relatively cheaply.

The thing is most certainly a performer and from behind the wheel I'm sure it is a hoot to drive..........however, its surely not going to win any beauty prizes! So, in the looks department, I give it a score of 4 (out of 10).

These things are built here in the UK - they are very very quick.............but.................I saw an L28 powered 240Z with throttle bodies and a good tune beat one at the drag strip.

The supercharged version cannot get enough traction off the line because it is so light, once it is rolling though it goes like a bitch :-) and handles really well too

Guest l28et

All the US spec cars come with the ecotech engine instead of the CTR engine.

Base model starts at 32K, and when I built one, without race brakes/fuel cutoff/battery cutoff, etc, essentially a street version, supercharged, it came to 64.5K!!!

Still seems like an awesome car, and I wonder if it could have beat the Enzo round the track. I'll bet if they wanted it to, it would have. That a way to dethrone Ferrari, eh? LOL

Looks like a blast to drive. If only... :)

Didn't look at the video as I've seen the car over a year ago. Cool stuff, personally I think they should put the Turbo'd Lotus engine in the back (Celica turbo engine?) That would be insane...

I think that K20A2 (or is it K20A) is doing its job... Did you hear the whine it had at the HIGH rpm?

Yeah, it's cool on that car, but the sound is stuck in my head because of all the wannabe racers around here with the fart can mufflers, 100hp stickers trying to race a rebuilt 289 with GT40 heads and a majority of hi-po components. But hey, I can appriciate it in that, it is a hell of a cool car.

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Hey zero, the ecotec is a GM engine. GM does have a factory supercharged version with 205 HP so I guess you could bolt one onto the stock ecotec motor and have great performance.