Stainless exh. manifold

Greddy rocker arm stoppers

GT25R turbo

3" Vildini Exhaust with Megan muffler

Greddy Airnx filter

Greddy type RS BOV

scan0001a.jpg

scan0002a.jpg

Next up 1/4 mile time... any LA area hybridZ'ers, you're all welcome to mob up to Palmdale, CA next week (friday), PM me. It would be nice to roll up with a gang of Z's. can't wait.

Yes, the junk yard will weigh my car. However, it is apart this week putting in the Apexi standalone, the GT2871R, the 740 Nismo injectors, the Z32 MAF, and some new seats. I can weigh it next week. My car is fat. I have a big speaker box, amplifier, OE full size folding spare tire, 3"exhaust, FMIC, A/C components (not working yet), front and rear air dams, steel hood, etc. I have not attempted to lighten my car yet. I will wait until I see its speed in the 1/4 before I start trimming fat.

oh that aint bad. i had a single 2800 watt 15" sub with slotted box and two 1600 watt amps with 5 farad cap, that was before somebody rear ended me and totalled my daily driver. oh well now i get a new car soon. all together that system probably weigh about 150 pounds, too much.

YOu guys really need to trumpet those weights when you get these cars weighed... This is the TRUE advantage of the SR20DET swap, and if you guys want more of Us (Hey I'm already a fan) to be into this swap, you gotta sell the strong points of it. :2thumbs:

Those dyno numbers don't do the swap justice until you see them WITH the cars weight stacked up to them... Can't imagine you're not gonna be hundreds of pounds lighter than similar equipped same year L6 and V8 swap cars. :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

No No, I'm refering to the total package in a car. The LS1 is another light weight motor that gets installed and then the car is still weighing in closer to 2800#... Where'd the weight gain come from? We know, but the point is to track these cars as well... That's the argument.

Mike

We do have one data point: Amir's SR260Z.

Weight: 2,150 lbs.

WD F/R: 47/53

Specifics: 1974 260Z, 15 gallon fuel cell (1/2 full), race drivers' seat (no passenger seat), roll bar, FG hood, FG bumpers, 17 x 9 and 17 x 10 wheels, aluminum dash, no interior, no HVAC, no driver or passenger windows or mechanisms, R180.

BINGO! :2thumbs: THAT's what I'm talking about right there! :2thumbs: You're not gonna get a STRIPPED OUT V8 Zcar to come in close to that weight... I'll let you know when my track car is done. I'm HOPING for 2300# range... With an LS1 equipped car, maybe I'd dip into the 2200# range, but I doubt it.

Mike

If the car is completely gutted with no rails, no cage and no windows/door hardware, and is using an R180 kinda setup MAYBE they will, but then you're dealing with chassis damage and parts breakage issues... Jon, Right now the only practicle tranny to run with the LS1 is the T56 and it, along with the massive clutch and flywheel setup adds a BUNCH of weight. The trans alone weighs about 140-145 pounds and the flywheel is a 42# monster.

Add to that the needed beefing up of the chassis, the rear diff, and other "stuff" and I don't see an S-30 Z being happily sitting at a weight less than 2200#.

Mike