HybridZ

Worlds quickest lexus SC300

Garrett76Zt

There may be competition for this one... Jim Pearl (Aka BLKMGK) is planning on stuffing the 800+ BHP motor out of his wrecked 95 Supra into an SC300. :shock:

It's either that or scrap the driveline in his V8240Z and stuff it in there!

Mike :cool:

Did anyone else see the glowing chunk of ??? come out of the exhaust on the 3-4 shift?

spark plug electrode?

turbine blade?

Or was I just imagining things?

I've seen supra guys totally destroy spark plugs (no center electrode or insulator left at all) after backfiring like that down the track.

and then they wonder where the pieces went? LOL!!!

Sick car though, almost stock looking. I like it!!!

Mike.

Thats an anti lag tune. they dump lots of fuel during shifts to keep the turbine spooled. i didnt see anything but maybe some track debris kicking up on the side of the track as he went by.

And jes that is a 2JZ. it came stock in the Toyota soarer ( same as the lexus in the US) in japan

Soarer came with the 1jz-gte (2.5L Twin Turbo) that was also available in the later model MKIII supras in japan only (after the 7m-gte)

In the US the SC300 came stock with a 2jz-ge, and many people put the 2jz-gte (turbo version from supra), or just bolted a turbo onto the non turbo block. So in other words, they came stock with the non turbo version of the surpa engine here in the states.

The SC also had the available 4.0L 8 cylinder all aluminum dohc engine. In 2001 the SC430 came out with a 4.3L v8, and that retractable hard top, no 6 cylinder or turbo options for it.

Just wanted to clareify.

Are you sure about that???? Im not a toyota fanatic so im not 100% sure

I was in japan for 11 years and it seemed like they came with both. either that or there was alot of swaps happening.

or maybe it was the Aristo that came with the 2JZ turbo. I believe that car was also offered in the US.

• 1 year later...