HybridZ

how about these for s130 adjustable tension rods

100_0669.JPG

The are adjustable, with BMW bal joints on top, and left and right threads

All i could find where either built for a 510 or a s30.. so i had to make my own. luckely a friends speedshop makes these for his race Z :037:.. so we duplicated them for use on the s130 utilizing a BMW balljoint ( bolts into OEM hole, but i will reinforce this) And a cut and left hand threaded orinal rod, this wil enable me to fully adjust these.

On top the Control arms will be adjustable aswell, this enable me to use the z31 5 lug conversion with z31 struts, that will be fitted with Coilovers...

Now the rest of the car should be somewhere near finished :paranoid: :075

These will be mostly "tension" rods, correct?

Does anybody know what the "pull through" force or potential is on the ball joints? I don't know the original application, but were they originally designed for tension, or were they more a compression unit.

In the US, we call those inner tie rods. Only reservation I have is the thin looking section right at the end of the ball. I know that the lots of people have used inner tie rods for this, back in the day the BRE 510 used one, but I don't know what vehicle they came off of.

If they've survived rally racing in a car of similar weight I wouldn't be too concerned.

In the US, we call those inner tie rods. Only reservation I have is the thin looking section right at the end of the ball. I know that the lots of people have used inner tie rods for this, back in the day the BRE 510 used one, but I don't know what vehicle they came off of.

I believe the how to modify books said they were triumph parts. I had a 510 that used sentra inner rack ends in a similar manner. The joint is beefer than most of the rod ends people use.

Cary

haha well sometimes my English ... well just doesn’t cover all the tech terms, thanks man learned another one !

Actually it gets better, I know most terms in English , but not in Dutch, or I have to think about them.. funny how learning from these boards works

anyway .. the thin part is only relative, it is still thinker then the OEM part..and better grade steel .. so im not worried... They guy that makes these is not just another speed shop!

he builts cars for teh Paris Dakar (and trucks) that come in second !