HybridZ

Latest Update

Motor in and running. Tranny in and mounted. Clutch master and slave hooked up and finished. Fans, fuel pump and water pump kicking. Fuel tank done. Q45 rear in. Willwood AZC front brakes in. Seats, steering and switches and pushstart in. Suspension mostly done. Driveshaft in.

Still waiting on the halfshafts, carpet kit, some more insulating, hid conversion, some suspension bushings and steering bushings, stewart warner gauges and an exhaust and finally some paint to at least get it road worthy.

3e75240e.jpg

0cd6b0c9.jpg

04d72116.jpg

91e2eea1.jpg

2f9a8ae8.jpg

19ab0d05.jpg

2cf2c874.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

4d39eec1.jpg

its a bit cleaner now, the wiring, i also got heat wraps for the ends of the spark plug wires, some plug wire organizers, the ecu is mounted right next to the battery on the inner fender, etc

i just hope the zg flares dont kill the look, i wish i could keep it like this, but i just have no tire clearance, ill cut the fenders out, put the zgs on and hopefuly be able to swallow the meats when i go over bumps

Man i just wanna drive this thing, my goal is by next weekend to take it around the block

After that start doin the little stuff...i need to stil get my driveshaft angles, i just put it where i think it looks good now, we'll see, i can adjust both the height of the front of the diff and the rear of the tranny to get the angle i need, so i should be able to get it just right

Im still looking for a stock datsun clutch pedal, as my car didnt have one when i bought it, lol...the missing link:)

one more shot, of me as well, lol

btw, the project began early december, not too shabby I think...once it gets driving, I will start doing all the nitty gritty things to get it PERFECT, interior and exterior wise. Powerwise, I'll be plenty happy, I have dyno access all day so I wil just get it perfectly tuned and leave it at that. Its got an lt4 topend and a nice cam, no accessories and electric water pump, a similar z28 setup recently dynoed 350whp at the shop, anything over 300whp for me would make me very happy

I had a 320whp fwd 99 gst eclipse that weighed 3100lb and it was very fast, this thing, with more torque and 600lb less weight should be a rocket

723df9c1.jpg

You've done a lot of work in a relatively short time. I guess you put aside all the money and time and just knocked it all out. There are quite a few people at this site that take years to do what you've done in a couple of months.

How many hours a day have you been spending on your project?

I think my clutch pedal is still laying around here somewhere, since I switched to automatic. If you can't find one local to you, let me know.

The ZG flares will look awsome! They will bring the look together in my opinion. I just can't get over the wide meats in the rear! Looks like something you don't want to mess with :2thumbs:

lol...yeah the money at the beginning was good, but it quickly ran out especially when i decided to ditch the stock rear end, this q45 swap has cost me some pennies

what happened is that i sold ALL the parts off my eclipse, which had most of everything on it and made great power, but was useless FWD, and because it was an import, always got hassled by cops

So that gave me 6000 to play with , on top of which i had a few more saved up. I also came up on great deals because if i wasnt in the garage, i was on the computer researching and finding deals.

I scored on the motor and tranny especially.

So far I've kept the total to under 10k including the very clean, rust free car and thats not 1/2 bad considering this car will outdo a z06 is virtually every test, and that was my original goal.

Things like the seats and steering wheel i did trade work for and that kinda stuff, it all just came together and so far I am very happy with it and its been VERY fun, more importantly ive learned SO damn much.

Once this thing is able to drive, im selling the eclipse and buying a little pickup:)

On top of all that, I also had the car in my buddies shop for the first 3 months which HELPED alot since i got to go there any time and do all the dirty work which would have been IMPOSSIBLE at home.

Ive spent probably every other weekend on it and probably about 3 hours on average per day in the past 4 months

Look's good man!

I like how the wheels look on your car' date=' I have seen them on other cars and did not look that good.[/quote']

i am a firm believer in backspacing and stances, i spent countless nights coming up with a wheel package that would compliment the car, thanks for the compliment as well:mrgreen:

Now I just wanna drive it down the street, I remember when it was getting towed home from the shop, just on the back of the flat bed, i saw like 4 people pointing at it and smilling:flamedevi

I think my clutch pedal is still laying around here somewhere' date=' since I switched to automatic. If you can't find one local to you, let me know.

The ZG flares will look awsome! They will bring the look together in my opinion. I just can't get over the wide meats in the rear! Looks like something you don't want to mess with :2thumbs:[/quote']

i will go to the local junk yard tomorow, if i have no luck , PLEASE send me yours, and let me know what it will take to get it..thanks

You said fuel tank installed, what did you use? I'm about to convert to TPI and was thinking swapping to a GM fuel tank might be the way to go. That stock 13 gallon tank doesn't last long!

The stock tank is 16 gals. Looks like he has a stock tank with a sump, that's what I have too. It works great with EFI, I have never had a problem.

The stock tank is 16 gals. Looks like he has a stock tank with a sump, that's what I have too. It works great with EFI, I have never had a problem.

What's it like welding on the stock tank?

I once tried to fix a busted tank and had no luck getting a weld to stick. Any tricks? Use a MIG?

What's it like welding on the stock tank?

I once tried to fix a busted tank and had no luck getting a weld to stick. Any tricks? Use a MIG?

No tricks, just make sure tank is clean, lightly grind the area to be welded, make sure the heat is turned up enough to penetrate. I used a mig.