HybridZ

LS2 Update!

The car is almost done,Its going to the exhaus shop next friday.After the exahust its going to the tune shop to get a basic tune and then back to Mike so he can sinish it off.I will try and get a video when the car gets started.

I have some picture I took last time I was @ mike's place.

datsun015.jpg

datsun016.jpg

ls2zeta012.jpg

ls2zeta011.jpg

Guest ajm422

I'm installing an LS2 in my '72 Fairlady next summer. I hope it comes out as cleanly as yours. Who knows, I may even ask for some pointers. :wink: Congrats.

Looking good Ulises and Serg!!! Pictures do alot of justice, You guys should see it in person!!!! SORRY!!! About the delay in the driveshaft. I should have driveshafts next week! How a drive shaft shop can run out of aliminum and be out for over 8 weeks is beyond me!

JOEY

Looking good Ulises and Serg!!! Pictures do alot of justice' date=' You guys should see it in person!!!! SORRY!!! About the delay in the driveshaft. I should have driveshafts next week! How a drive shaft shop can run out of aliminum and be out for over 8 weeks is beyond me!

JOEY[/quote']

Thank's Joey,

We are waiting on a differential mount too so It should be fine!

• 2 weeks later...

Car went to the exhaust shop today, Should take about a week to get done.After this is going to Mike's place one more time.Hopefully we are going to get it started in less than two weeks.so far it looks really good.

Here are more pictures!

ls2zeta060.jpg

Dirty Z

ls2zeta061.jpg

ls2zeta050.jpg

ls2zeta048.jpg

John's bar and AZC Brace kit

ls2zeta037.jpg

Differential two piece mount

ls2zeta039.jpg

ls2zeta040.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
impressive and clean /neat swap

Thanks.

Making it fit with acceptable ground clearance and a resonator w/ a 5" OD was the tough part. The rest is just routing the tubing and welding.

Tig welding all of this took a lot of time. After it's all tacked together in the car, we have to tack each connection multiple times carefully out of the car so as not to loose any of the geometry due to the welding shifting the metal.

Most people don't realize how time consuming this is compared to having a normal muffler shop Mig everything in the car.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thafinefellioh

I'm interested in doing a Ls1 swap in my 260z, I was curious if your motor mounts were purchased, or did you fabricate them yourself.