shaved rear end

rubin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shaved first' date=' but later decided to wax it. Still unsatisfied, I had it tucked and lifted, but eventually I took it to the Michael Jackson clinic for refacing my entire a$$:

[img']http://www.fototime.com/D52C073AE55F9FF/standard.jpg[/img]

I like everything except the tail-lights. They look too small or not tall enough, and the shape of them seems to conflict with the shape of the surround.

Otherwise the workmanship is amazing. It looks factory.

Guest levelhead86
I like everything except the tail-lights. They look too small or not tall enough' date=' and the shape of them seems to conflict with the shape of the surround.

Otherwise the workmanship is amazing. It looks factory.[/quote']

I disagree... I think the tail-lights look great... I've always been a big fan of that setup.

...and the shape of them seems to conflict with the shape of the surround.

I agree, and I recognized this when I was designing the rear end. Thus, when I built the spoiler, I realized that improvements could be made in matching the panel shape with the tail light shape, but the only way to do it was to incorporate the upper curve, required in the panel, into the bottom of the spoiler. So I sculpted the lower part of the spoiler (as seen on the previous photos) with a curve in it. Then after the above photo was taken, I painted the sculpted portion the same color as the tail light panel to somewhat mimic the shape I wanted to give the panel. From directly behind the car, the tail light panel blends into the bottom of the spoiler to make it appear to be a continuous piece. Below is a poor modification of the photo above with the sculpted portion painted the same color as the panel. This is as the car sits at this time.

standard.jpgstandard.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I agree' date=' and I recognized this when I was designing the rear end. Thus, when I built the spoiler, I realized that improvements could be made in matching the panel shape with the tail light shape, but the only way to do it was to incorporate the upper curve, required in the panel, into the bottom of the spoiler. So I sculpted the lower part of the spoiler (as seen on the previous photos) with a curve in it. Then after the above photo was taken, I painted the sculpted portion the same color as the tail light panel to somewhat mimic the shape I wanted to give the panel. From directly behind the car, the tail light panel blends into the bottom of the spoiler to make it appear to be a continuous piece. Below is a poor modification of the photo above with the sculpted portion painted the same color as the panel. This is as the car sits at this time.

[img']http://www.fototime.com/611021BAFB982AE/standard.jpg[/img]standard.jpg

ah yes I see what you mean, I like the twin pipes and air vent thing'ie

I shaved first' date=' but later decided to wax it. Still unsatisfied, I had it tucked and lifted, but eventually I took it to the Michael Jackson clinic for refacing my entire a$$:

[img']http://www.fototime.com/D52C073AE55F9FF/standard.jpg[/img]

i look at his... i look at mine.... i look at his.... i look at mine....

yep.. two completely different cars.. mine was made in Japan and his was made in Gorgeous Car Creations on planet NEENER NEENER under the import name of dont you wish you had a car like this too??

hides head in shame at my poor attempt to paint and play with 'glass.

please wave hand in my direction so that some of your obvious excellent creativity waft's my way here in OK.

your car is what made me join this site in the first place.