HybridZ

interior talk...

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Well i desided if... IF i keep the blue Z im going to redo the interior.

right now its got a Sparco Sprint driver seat thats blue, and a stock 280Z passenger seat.

looking at seats ive only found a few i really like, and also ones that go with the color of the car.

Im a HUGE fan of the Cobra Misano ® seats, i think that have a very TVR style design and plus its lightweight too!

misano.r.blk.lg.jpg

misano.mustard.carbon.jpg

3622.jpg

http://82.110.105.20/cobraseats.com/road/misano.php

also like the sparco monza, not as much as the cobra but its nice.

seat_SP_monza.jpg

http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_street.asp?id=194

AND i really like the Evo 2...

http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_comp.asp?id=469

color im not too sure about though... the color of my car is sorta hard to see in pictures...

PDR_2409.JPG

as you can see i have some red on the car, not much but have some.

i also dont mind getting the seats custom re-done, its just the fact i dont know what color to go with.

black just seems to boring and i wanted some type of redish/burnt tan leather but im not to sure.

im also trying to figure out what else i can do in the interior, like vinyl trim color, carpet ideas, etc etc.

i just want to make this car feel new again if i end up keeping it.

any thoughts?

mike

That top cobra is one is nice.

Reclinable seats aren't that light if you are comparing them to a Z seat without the rails though. I know Sparco and Momo both make fixed back seats that don't require a harness for the bottom belt, if you want to save some wieght.

racing-seats_1891_5620160

I like the top seat in Black and Red for your car.

Sometimes when you see a bright racing seat glowing out of a nice sports car, it looks gawdy (sp?)

The Black & Red seat would be a nice compromise... It doesn't jump out at you, but when you look closer at the car, it will look sweet.

If you put something like that in, you could have a little more red accent inside to go with it... just a thought.

Thats my $.02

I can not speak for all seats but my the "Wings" on my corbeau forza's touched the door panels in my car, I seem to recall finding that all the seats used pretty mush the same diminsion, I had my seats mounted on center as the origionals were andn couldn't bare the thought of mounting the seat offset to allow for room for them, the rubbing is one of the reasons I upgraded to the GTS 2's