HybridZ

What Else Do You Guys Do For Fun?

zguy95135

What other hobbies do you have besides the Z? You know, model car building, racing, paintball, video games, ect.

I mostly play airsoft now adays, I used to paintball but it got too expensive.

My small arsenal:

eb35fac8.jpg

*KAR98 Carbine

*Mac11

*1911 Colt (modern style)

assaultrifle.jpg

*ZM Weapons LR300

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ON3GO

Raced in-door karting for while but moved back to florida so that stopped.

i did paintball for years and got really into that but quit because i spent all my money on cars.

i played hockey for 16 years and want to get back into it, miss it dearly and i wasnt to bad either :D.

new hobbie is ebay :D

mike

Guest l28et
I fly a hotair balloon. There's nothing quite like cruising through the sky in a wicker basket!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? Thats freakin awesome. :rockon:

paintball ( I have a Tippmann m98 basic w/ a 20 in. barrel and play the longbow/ambush position) It is not so much the gun but the player...but the gun sure does help...I played with my stock gun forever but then I got the barrel and was very happy with the accuracy increase over stock.

I Made a ghille (pronounced gillE) suit that I use for ambushes and places with little cover...I only have about $500 into gear so it is not that much. I have spent caboodles on paint though. My tippy has had about 17k rounds fired through it. I also have an electronic blue spyder AMG for sale(originally $400) for $100 and it needs a few small ticket items but it shoots very nice.

I also weld MIG (any position), TIG (and TIG-AC for aluminium), SMAW (any position), oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting...an can learn others fairly quickly. I am about to graduate with a 2 year degree in welding and joining technology.

Well, we have 2 race cars and are building the '33 dodge mud bog truck. Took me all day to build a lower pitman arm out of 3/4 inch plate. Those beveled holes are a _itch to make just right. I shoot archery, I have a matthews ultra 2, z max and my boy has the matthews mustang. I shoot alot of guns, hunt everything that shits, flies or walks, ride horses (we now have 3), 4 wheelers(2), fishing boat, work, work, work. TV is almost non existant. The internet, use EBAY to buy and sell things and of course hybrid z where all the cool guys hang out! If I get another hobby it'll be a jet boat or a v-drive boat so we can go to the lake and ski.

My problem is I have too many hobbies. I really like anything with a motor. I have a '97 Tl1000S that I have been modifying through the years. I also have a 400ex quad that is now a 416. My buddy and I just rebuilt the motor a month ago with higher compression piston, stage 2 cam, etc, etc. I also have a '96 Polaris XCR600SP. It is a 120hp tripple snowmobile that has about a 110mph top speed. When not playing with those I like to shot skeet, or my glock .40 cal. I also like Bass fishing in my pond and playing with my kid. Oh yeah, I also like to get out and play golf when I have a chance, which isn't too often, anymore. Oh, I almost forgot my newest toy. The wife and I just bought a 33hp diesel New Holland tractor with a front end loader and 60 in mower. You kind of need one of those with 18 acres (too much work!).

*Ugh* besides the house, the kids, their activities, and the wife? Perhaps the only 'hobby' I have besides letting the Z deteriorate is Kajukenbo (fighting). I find that martial art actually relaxes me mentally, stimulates me physically, and provides me a legal means to belt somebody. What more can I ask for?

Davy

I need to cut back on my hobbies, seriously. Between the Z and the guns, there goes my paycheck. Anymore though I almost never buy guns off the rack, unless I intend to immediately strip it down to a bare receiver and start from scratch. Being located in CA, I'm pretty much stuck with hanguns and bolt action rifles to stay legal. Building tactical rifles off of old mauser actions is pretty enjoyable for me, my latest one will group 3 shots into 3/8" at 200 yards.

Mauser_boomstick.jpg

Handguns are also pretty fun and easy to build. The Colt 1911 style pistol has become my favorite over the past few years, and I completed this one last year which I find to be more accurate and reliable than any other factory gun I've used:

dura_coat.jpg

I've also started work on a semi auto target rifle based on the HK-91 action. I'll have to keep this one out of state of course once it's finished, but it's legal for me to have the parts here :) I found a way to cut the internal flutes in the chamber of the HK action, which is critical to making it function. Had several machinists and most of an internet forum tell me it couldn't be done, so I had to. The alternative to this would be to send it to a guy in Texas who uses Electron Discharge Machining to do it, for the small price of $900. I did mine with a jig and a needle file at a total cost of about $50.

chamber_flutes_3.jpg

The blue tape on the end cuts down the reflection from the machined surface on the barrel, otherwise you can't see too much detail in the chamber because of the glare. The final product should look something like this:

psg_1_sniper_rifle_sv.jpg

I also play guitar a little. Had quite a collection started, and realized I had too much crap so I sold off or gave away all but my 4 favorite. And like all my other hobbies, buying off the rack was never quite good enough so I started building and modifying my own. Thats about as expensive as guns and cars are, and not quite as much fun so I cut back on that.....

Mike