HybridZ

autometer gauge install & turn signal hi beam indicator pod complete

1 tuff z

I had the same idea as well. However, I was only going to install the small LED's and without a pod. It would have just looked like 3 little lights coming up out of the spot where your pod is.

That being said.......

I'm glad you did yours first ;) Now mine will look better than originally planned!

i had collected a few ideas; lights in gauges [like dalemx] lights in dash [saw at a show somewhere], lights in heater control panel, a small pod near the defroster, led's in the column cover [like pound is planning] or nothing. then i ran the ideas by my friend who made the pod. he dismissed all the others and explained that since i like mods that look like they're stock, we should do the pod. we cut the hole in the upper shell, superglued the pod, epoxied it from the back, sanded the entire shell and painted it satin black-to match how it looked originally. the lights are [brightness wise] just right. not glaring but enuf to see.

could you post the part #'s of those guages? :)

speedo-atm 5189

tach-atm 5160

voltmeter-atm 5492

oil pressure-atm 5427

temp-atm 5437

fuel gauge-atm 5416 [you'll need to pull your level sender, connect a meter to it to measure the ohms over the empty to full range for proper gauge-this one works for me, i'm using a 280 sender]

purchased them all here: http://www.egauges.com/vdo_bld3.asp?Series=Pro_Comp

speedo-atm 5189

tach-atm 5160

voltmeter-atm 5492

oil pressure-atm 5427

temp-atm 5437

fuel gauge-atm 5416 [you'll need to pull your level sender' date= connect a meter to it to measure the ohms over the empty to full range for proper gauge-this one works for me, i'm using a 280 sender]

purchased them all here: http://www.egauges.com/vdo_bld3.asp?Series=Pro_Comp

awesome, thank you sir!

• 3 years later...

I wish I could find something like the pod David had made. I had my high beam/turn signal lights in the dash between the speedo and tach, but now that I have a dash cover I don't want to put holes in it and I'm not ambitious enough to put the lights into my Autometer gauges.

I was able to find this: http://www.yearwood.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=498/prd498.htm but I don't think it would look good installed in my car.