HybridZ

Mikelly's car and ZG install pics.

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

mk5.jpg

Fuel filler with lanyard, very racy.

18x9-5_zg_flare.jpg

pass. side rear ZG with my wheels installed. Hey, I HAD to fill the wheelwell with something right? The stock 17" stang cookie cutters weren't going to do for photo purposes!

MKsZGflare-2.jpg

That stance is SICK!

MKsZGflare.jpg

This is gonna be one sharp "track car". I'm happy to be doing the work. Hope you guys enjoy the pics. I emailed Mike twice giving him a chance to back out of the fender flare install 'cause once it's cut, there's NO turning back! He made the RIGHT decision! The car is looking great. I fit the flares up and marked the bolt holes then drew a line about 5/8" below the bolt holes and went to it with the air saw. Once it was cut out I used the air saw to seperate the tar-like stuff from the metal panels and pulled it out. Some of it got melted out when I was "seaming" it up. I had to work alot harder on my car to do this same thing since I didn't have the air saw back then. My new baby Millermatic 135 is performing flawlessly on this type of stuff.

Mike's car is going to be dark silver not quite gunmetal with "Bumper" black ZG's, airdam, and rear spoiler. I'm also powdercoating the door handles black. It's going to be one good looking track car.

Guest JAMIE T

I forgot to add that Mike had already filled the fuel door, pillar vents, marker lights, antenna hole and installed the fuel filler.

I filled the key lock holes in the doors, and deck lid, as well as the emblem holes in the deck lid.

Guest 73Turbo240z

looks pretty good, i also am liking that cage, looks like it's tied in very well to keep that unibody in check.

running any kind of keyless entry? or 100% garage kept to where keys for the doors/hatch is not necessary?

i'd kind of like to see a set of BBS LM's on the car... 17x8...

Guest JAMIE T

The flares are from Japan. Mike had purchased them a few years ago from one of our members and later sold them to me. I already had a set on my gold car but wanted another set so I could try one set painted body color and the other set black. I'm just selling them back to him. They physically look the same as the Classic Datsun ones but might be alittle thicker.

The wheels are 18x9.5 with a 5.5" backspace. The tires are 275/35/18's.

Also, there will be no locks on this car since it's "just" a track car. It'll live most of it's life in an enclosed trailer.

Guest JAMIE T

Not to worry, I still have three more to install. LOL!

BTW, Mike is in the middle of moving to his new place and will without internet for a few days. I'm sure he'll chime in shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome Jamie...

The only reason I always talked about the Vette was because it was RUNNING... Pushing a Zcar around forever just takes the enthusiasm right out of it...

But don't fret... When the Viper arrives, You'll not hear another peep about a Vette! :wink:

Jamie, How about some pics of the paint?

Also, I believe I need to pay you, no?

Mike

Guest JAMIE T

What do you want to see? I haven't shot any on the car yet. I could do a test panel if you want to get an idea of the color. The roof is just about booty smooth. I haven't worked on the car in almost a week since I've been building the MEGA deck at my old house for the new tenents (my in-laws). That and my Felicia having a part time job has had me looking after the kids 2 evenings a week. I hope to get some more done this coming week. This weekend is booked being fathers day and all.

Someone asked about why no door locks or hatch latches...

This car is going to be a Track day car and may eventually be entered in NASA's unlimited class for racing. We're not 100% sure of what else it will be used for, but the intent is NOT to drive it on the street more than the occassional tesk drive to shake down parts... I'll tag it with antique tags, and all the lights and turnsignals will work. It'll have a windshield and rear hatch Lexan, otherwise there is no hardware for the doors, as the cage bars extend out into the doors. There may be some naca ducting in the 1/4 windows in the future, but as of now, there is no plan for real glass in the car. There will also not be any heat or A/C. This car is going to be a light weight track car, and 90% of the suspension and brakes are already inhouse ready to be installed or already installed. It has a fuel cell, and will have my 383 stroker/ TKO600 tranny in it, along with the infinity rear, custom axles, and all the other goodies associated w/ my list of parts acquired over the years.

But it will be 95% track day car, and will be used as often as I can get to the track... Which I'm shooting for 1 weekend per month, somewhere on the east coast. Summit Point, VIR, CMS, MidOhio, Beaverun, Roebling Road, and Road Atlanta are in my sites...

Mike

Bill, All I can say it my little start-up is doing better than I'd ever imagined, and since we sold the Vette, I simply must have something to replace it as my daily driver... Something atleast on par w/ the 99C5... That's all I'm saying as of now... :wink: Something is definitely in the works though... :lmao:

Once the other house sells and I'm not paying TWO mortgages, life will be MUCHO BETTA MAN!!! :2thumbs:

Mike