HybridZ

How many hours a week do YOU work?

280zwitha383

What kind of powdercoating do you do?
Auto parts, but mostly corvette calipers. I've got 10 sets of C5 and C6 brakes that I do on exchange and a waiting list of about 50+ people at any given time, plus there are some vette owners who can actually take their brakes off themselves and send them to me to be done, which is usually 1 or 2 sets per week also. Most need the exchange though, as they have neither the time nor experience to do their own work, but do have plenty of money to spare. There are a couple other shops that sell PC'd brakes for the vette on exchange, but they only offer basic colors and limited service. I go out of the way to provide a top notch product at about 1/2 the cost.

lambo_orange_%28Large%29.jpg

candy_red_corvette_brakes_02.jpg

I work 36 hours/week, but I'm paided for 40 hours. The four free hours are the "Shift-Differential" or encouragement to work the odd shift (Friday thru Sunday 6:00pm to 6:00am (3-12's) ).

Overtime: I probably average about 12 hours a month.

Auto parts, but mostly corvette calipers. I've got 10 sets of C5 and C6 brakes that I do on exchange and a waiting list of about 50+ people at any given time, plus there are some vette owners who can actually take their brakes off themselves and send them to me to be done, which is usually 1 or 2 sets per week also. Most need the exchange though, as they have neither the time nor experience to do their own work, but do have plenty of money to spare. There are a couple other shops that sell PC'd brakes for the vette on exchange, but they only offer basic colors and limited service. I go out of the way to provide a top notch product at about 1/2 the cost.

I don't mean to get off the subject here, but those look great! I know you live fairly close to me (I've seen your car at Eddie's shop). Let me know if you ever need any help; I'd love to see your PC setup.

Oh yea, I work about 41 hours a week.

I don't mean to get off the subject here' date=' but those look great! I know you live fairly close to me (I've seen your car at Eddie's shop). Let me know if you ever need any help; I'd love to see your PC setup.

Oh yea, I work about 41 hours a week.[/quote']I'm in Loganville. I had to have him finish my rear brake conversion in time for a track day. Unfortunately, doing both jobs really cuts my 'me time' for work on my own stuff.

Going to the meet this month?

Argh... just figured it out and I am going to end up working 95 hours this week. 2:30am now, and I've been working since 7am this (yesterday) morning.... back to work at 7am.

On the bright side, this weekend involves some autoX action, which is a great release!

I'm a store manager 45 hours a week, do personal training for an additional 10-12. If you consider preparing for a bodybuilding competition work, then that's an additional 4 hours per week. Somewhere in there, i find time to go to school for exercise therapy.

During the busy season (March- mid June) 20-24hours. Slow season (the rest of the time) 8-10 hours. I am at work for 24, but only get paid when I give a massage. Reading how much the rest of you work, I feel quite lazy. Time to go to the gym so I can say I at least did something.

40 hours flat. I don't work more than that unless someone has my balls in the salad shooter, and in the last year that's only happened 3 times for a 44 hour maximum work week. My previous job I was working 50-60 a week, every week and didn't like it at all.

I work in architecture. Currently doing multi-family and commercial.

Mario 83 ZXT, 10hr. a week is NOTHING. I always worked 20-30 hr. a week while going to school full time (15-17 units) and continued working those same hours my last semester of school which included a 26 unit workload. Looking back though, I wish I could have survived on only 10hr. a week. I would have made better grades. Still graduated with a 3.5 GPA so I'm not trippin :-)

I work about 42 hours a week at the dealership but I usually "book" 50-60 hours per week so I get paid for those 50-60 hours but only work the 42! Then after work I go work on the side for cash at a small shop for usually 15-20 hours a week and again I will usually "book" 20-25 hours.

So I work about 57-62 hours but get paid for 70-85 hours because I'm a flat rate technican! Works out pretty good!

Guy

I try to stay at 40 a week or so--its been slow in the mortgage banking business. Factor in drive time and I probably work more, but don't get paid for the trip home! Still I cannot complain--I have done 70 to 80 hour weeks, working only 5 days per week and it gets really old very quickly. Now that I have a family, I don't like to work 'too much.' Balance is the key to keeping sane mentally and emotionally.

Davy