HybridZ

What is the fastest you have gone in your Z?

fbomb

The speedo said 140. I don't know if it really was. The car felt terrible swaying bad. That was 15 lbs boost in 5th not red line with the original tranny. now I have the 83 tranny with a better overdrive so who know what the speedo will say now.

Here ya go... speedo hits 145... more like 127-130MPH actual... It'll go faster.. but I run out of straight too soon....

You have odd left hand placement (sliding the hand all the way over to the right) on the right hand turns. You would have better control and feel if you kept it at 10/2 comparred to 11/1. Nice in car though.

It does seem a little odd in this context.... but the right handers are all practicly 180* turns where I am throttle steering.... The odd placement allows me to let the steering wheel give with the tire grip and road imperfections. I have a solid grip with my right hand on the spoke out of view.

I play with hand position a lot on track... my normal position is 10 and 2.. unless I have wound it up to the point that I shuffle steer.. then I end up doing that weird grip pattern.... I also has to do with habitually keeping my right hand in a position that allows me to quickly reach the shifter... even though this more habit than need...

• 1 month later...