HybridZ

L6 monster getting close....look here

Big end power is what I want...Nothing like revvs flowing free but how much is too much. My drive to work is only 15 miles round trip. MPG and freeway friendly is not a concern. Reliablity and longevity are more of a concern..Schneider's site is down and I will have to recheck Isky site...Isky jumps from 495 to 530. So I will start looking for something around 500-510 lift.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking at some sites our Aussie members post. Crow cams offers a 518/282 cam power band between 3500 and 7000. Looks interesting and the other being Tighe Cams with an offering of 514 / 304...Any thoughts or comments on these....Maybe regrind my cam to some of these specs?

• 3 months later...
Decided against the Blow thrus. I tried to get period correct items. Difficult to track down.

AMEN to that! It's taken me years to locate the proper parts for a period correct blow-through system using HKS EFI ITB's! I FINALLY located an HKS Type 2 Surge Tank, and that was basically the final part. Had two Type-1 HKS Surge tanks, and an SK Unit added along the way for possible "trading fodder" when the correct part eventually showed up.

As it is, I will have to reconstruct the inlet casting for the Type 2 Tank myself, as the guy I bought it from didn't have it, though he sent me photos with proper scaling objects (rulers) laying on his other Type 2 (on a Box Skyline, matter of fact) so I can cast my own part.

Period Correct is a BEYOTCH!

TonyD. I remember years ago when those HKS ITB's where for sale. Forget who the seller was but he wouldn't sell them to me until he heard," No" from you. I figured fat chance that will happen, so I moved on. So far I am pleased with my set from redline. A few small hiccups along the way but nothing that would keep me from recommeding them to someone else. Curious to hear wht you think about the 80degree Kakimoto cam. Also I have a type 2 HKS surge tank in my photo gallery. Blue in color. If you are interested let me know. I didn't realize you were in need of one.

Yeah, the guy who sold them to me was the guy who got to them first when they were for sale alone. He outbid me for them, and I messaged him then and there with a "if you EVER want to sell these, here is my contact information" e-mail. I had to buy them with his manifold and SDS system as a package deal... I ended up driving up to SFO and paying cash to have them handed over to my greedy, waiting little hands...LOL!

I know the Japanese system for selling cams was a mystery to me. Everyone seemed to run a 74 Degree cam, and it was strong. I never did get anyone to tell me what the degrees referred to... 80 must be a screamer!

That Type 2 was a long find after I decided that the Type 1 would not "be right" with the HKS TB's.

The Redline setup is pretty nice, if I am correct their ECU is the one Lance Nist is brokering---big processor, 140MHz processor speed. Nice setup indeed!

For what I have into my "Old Stuff" I probably could have bought "new" that looked shiny! LOL

TonyD, I know what you mean as too the type 2 boxes. They are thicker and just look better in my opinion. The misses always rolls her eyes when I am on yahoojp looking for the olderr stuff. This 80degree job is suppose to be kakimoto's 0-400 fighter. Worried it might be too much for the hakosuka though. But for the price I could always have it ground down to something more streetable.

• 3 months later...

After much debate and soul searching I ordered a cam thru Braap. Cam is actually coming from Rebello. It is a 520 lift D50 230, Adv 275. Thanks to all who have helped me thru the decision making process. I am sure I will be more than happy with the performance. Unfortunately I will not be able to make the SEZ show as I had hoped. I will be able to make the NOPI MIAMI show in APRIL (14-15). Hope to see many HYBRID z members there. I will make a follow up appearance in L.A JUNE (30-1) July. Again hope to see many Z car fans there as well. You won't be able to miss me. I will look like a fool next to my 3 yr project KGC10.

• 1 month later...
Guest skidpan

Eric,

damn dude i didnt relise you had gotten this far on the engine... So when are you planning on starting it up? are you going to start it on an engine stand or wait untill its in the car? I know where there is a dyno that could set it up for you maybe do a couple of tuning runs. I am going to have to stop by one of these days and check it out.

Ive started stripping the paint on the Z. I am using the chem stripper i told you about.

looking good dude

• 3 months later...

Well I was suppose to unveil the car at the NOPI show in L.A the weekend of June 30th. That plan now is kaput. I have to go to Alaska for 2 weeks now. Anchorage to be exact. Well guess I can try to meet Stony and talk crazy Rb Zeto's and Okinawa. Really hate it when a well thought out and timed plan fails due to uncle sam's needs...

you could try this grind, I liked it in a 510 L15 engine, it is a .510 lift, 310duration, 112 degrees overlap and the engine was bored .030 over and had the head milled .030, flat top pistons spun to 8000 no problem and just built monster pewer with a header and stock intake with a hitatchi 328-6 carb!!! unf*&kenbelievable - no idea for whp but ran 13.9 all day long in the 1/4!

• 2 years later...

Older pic but I thought I would add it here to show usage. I have been over on JNC mostly because more Hako owners there. But L6's are universally used in alot of cars. Here are some updates. All wiring is completed. All plumbing is completed. I am working on placement of the computer and wiring it in place. Looking for spark plug recommendations next. Firing this week for a dyno day.

motorinstall.jpg