HybridZ

1989-1996 240sx throttle body linkadge ?

Hello i bought a 1996 240sx throttle body for 25 bucks from a friend i thought it would work out fine on my 1982 280zx turbo 2+2 blue exterior blue interior 5 speed.. problem the 240sx 1996 throttle body doesnt seem to link up just right ? im nismo619 from www.zdriver.com thank god there is more than one z web site listen guys and gurls i need help as i have already tooken off my intake manafold bored it out to 60.5 mm useing a dremel and high speed tungston speed drill bit.. took me about 8 hours to get that smooth nick look and feel. anyways any help ? please write me back or e-mail me whitetiger88101@yahoo.com thanks < Ken >

Ok u guys i have the bottom water cooler 1996 240sx throttle body.. i just got my one inch spacer in today thank god.. i have looked at that link thank u " ZcarNUT " i needed that link it had pictures that really helped me out alot.. ill let yall know how things go ASAP thanks, Ken

• 3 months later...

to kennysgreen280zt thats what i did with my first 1996 240sx throttle body i used my stock linkage off my 82 turbo throttle body and just used my dremel until the center peace fit perfectly.. but now i bought a 240 sx 1989 soc throttle body with the water in lets and outlets on top.. i even used my stock TPS sensor off my 280zxt.. but i still have the TPS sensor off the 1996 240sx.. should still work right ?

Question about the stock 240sx TPS ? the three wires are 1 red , 2nd yellow 3rd black.. witch wires do i use cut and splice into the factory 280zxt tps sensor wiring ? the little harness that i got with the 240sx throttle body TPS sensor are red to a green red stripe.. then yellow to a white wires then black to a black and silver doted wire .. so the questions really is the green wire with red stripe wires into were on the stock wireing on the 82 280zxt ? white wire ? black wire ?

Ya I reccomend using a throttle cable, it costs the same as the spacer and provides a much cleaner, smoother install. It is a little more work though.

if you dont shave your manifold all the way a bracket can be made easily to attach to teh bosses on the side. Im working on doing this to Matt's car right now but here is a picture of mine. i jsut welded some tabs to the side.

DSCN6158.sized.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the spacer is only needed if you want to keep the stock throttle linkage. Depending on which 240sx TB you use you may have to shave a little off the intake if you mount it with the linkage/spring side toward the engine without a spacer in use, or you can flip it over like in 240 hokes picture and run your cable along the outside. It just depends how you want to run the cable if that's the way you want to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I did not use any spacer for my 60mm Nissan TB and for throttle actuation, I used the universal Lokar Stainless cable kit, (under $40), fabbed up a bracket that bolts to two of the OE heat shield bosses on the bottom of the manifold to support the cable bracket on the engine. At the gas pedal , I just drilled out the pivot ball swage, rounded off the top of the gas pedal arm itself and the Lokar clevis fit it perfectly. Cut the cable to length per the instructions, adjusted for idle and full throttle application, project done. One last note, don’t forget to leave a little slack in the cable between the engine and firewall as the engine WILL shift forward on its mounts under heard braking and this WILL apply throttle. Yeup, it sure does… :wink:

Any how, the installation was literally that easy. Quick simple, clean, and “very smooth” throttle application as Lokar throttle cables are Teflon lined.

We are a Lokar dealer, if anyone is interested, we sell both the braided black and braided stainless, just contact us at;

ruschmotorsports@hotmail.com

Pearl2Medium.jpg

tc1000u_v2.jpg

tc_hitech.jpg