HybridZ

Operation: Camo Zzzap!

veritech-z

Man, the deer are never gonna see that one comin... When they see the 100 spoke hubcaps sitting there an no car, They'll be just confused enough to let those guys get the perfect shot off.

Pshh, Yeah! If you take the T-tops off you can use it for duck hunting!

How much does the areo weigh, Max?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a teaser of my new exhaust exit strategy. It's going to come out of the rear quarter panel right behind the driver's rear wheel. I may or may not be able to actually install it tomorrow, but I'd like to try and get it on sometime this week. I'm hoping that sending my gasses out the side will cut down on some of my in cab fumes.

exhaustdump.jpg

Of course, this means that I'll no longer be using my rice can muffler...just an inline glasspack and my stylish new tip...

Here's a teaser of my new exhaust exit strategy. It's going to come out of the rear quarter panel right behind the driver's rear wheel. I may or may not be able to actually install it tomorrow, but I'd like to try and get it on sometime this week. I'm hoping that sending my gasses out the side will cut down on some of my in cab fumes.

exhaustdump.jpg

Of course, this means that I'll no longer be using my rice can muffler...just an inline glasspack and my stylish new tip...

Hey Zappp! I was thinking the same thing awhile back since Im gonna mold in the corvette rear panel I got from Zfiberglass. I think it would be awesome, but I think I will put the flat chrome exit thingy on mine...sorta like Blue oval has just on the sides.....thoughts?

Terry

exhaustdump.jpg

Very Cool Max!

I was able to get the Blue part mounted today, but I'm still fabbing up the pipe. I originally made this cold, without doing any preliminary measuring, so I'm not to upset with the amount of re-engineering that needed to be done. I'll most likely have the exhaust on tomorrow, and I'll post pictures of it on the car then.

• 3 weeks later...

newtires1.jpg

newtires5.jpg

newtires7.jpg

Back by popular demand, now featuring new paint and tires that are NOT bald like Kojak, I present the Impul Hoshino Racing RS-III 17X7 front, and 17X8 rear. Big digital high five to BradmanQ45 for recommending 215/45R17 in the front as a companion to the 255/40R17 I'm using in the rear. Seems like these Falken Ziex512s sit a little taller all the way around than the Bridgestone Potenzas (Porsche 911 base model OEM tires I scammed from a buddy's dad) I had before, but it looks fine to me.

As you can see, I no longer believe in washing cars before I photograph them.

• Administrators
.... Back by popular demand, now featuring .... tires that are NOT bald like Kojak,.......

Ah, the ole “Telly Savalas” Radials… I remember running those quite often in my youth. For some reason, they aren’t real complaint in standing wate…

• Administrators
I'm not sure what it is, but the car seems a bit more squirrely on these tires than I thought it would...

Are the tires "brand new"? Tread block squirm coud be a factor. Brand new tires are always VERY squirmy.

Looks sick V!!!

I'm contemplating going flat black on my car NOW (as in near future) cuz I'm sick of all the surface rust and 100 different shades of color... I kinda want to do a themed scheme (since it will be short lived until I can afford paint).

Help me out, I'm thinking SR-71 (with all those red warning signs, since black and red are my favorite colors).

And my own logo on the end of the rear quarters using my own made stencil and some spray paint.

Mario

• Administrators

Too funny. Brings back memories… Back in the late ‘80’s early 90’s, in our group of Z car nuts were 4 primer flat black Z cars, and they all had gloss black BRE stripes down the fenders.. . LOL.. Those were the days…

Are the tires "brand new"? Tread block squirm coud be a factor. Brand new tires are always VERY squirmy.

Actually, they are. I just got them in from www.edgeracing.com this afternoon. Maybe they'll settle in a little after some more driving. I'm still waiting for my new diff mount to come in from MSA before I can really get on it, I've got diff clunk BAD.

Paul, we can come up with a new paint scheme for the Z32 if you want, that way you can hold your head high with me, chewievette, and Mario. (actually, you probably shouldn't do anything with the paint on that car, it's too nice...)

Mario, I'll see if I can come up with something. I assume you're talking about the car that's currently gold(ish)?

Since you mentioned my car, I'm going to redo my white primer in flat black soon. I noticed one really bad trait of white primer... rust bleeds through very quickly and it shows from a mile away. Acctually that would be a good thing if I was going to fix that soon. but I'm still trying to get it on the road and I dont have the time to attack the surface rust so it will have to wait. I think the black will cover better. if not, it wont matter much to me. I'm going to keep the BRE scheme and bright topside colors though.