HybridZ

Carbon fiber 280zx hood?

CORPCRIM

I believe there is a vendor on ebay that sells one but its not true cf. cf with fiverglass over.

if you just want it for the look the do a quick motors.ebay.com search for "280zx carbon hood" and I'm sure it'll pop up.

Brandon - nothing comes up...I check eBay often and I have never seen a CF hood for our cars?

Yasin

I just adapted a Beta Motorsport Cowl hood to fit my S130 hood,

Ill put up some pics after this weekend .. it is relatively easy and gives allmost complete cf hood ..!!! ( you could layer the 4"sides that stay steel with CF)

What i did is outline the s30 hood on the S130 hood .. and it will fit allmost perfectly in the 'lower'areay of the hood ..

I tehn cut it out and peeled the outer skin .. then i trimmed down the front of the CF Beta motorsport hood (Sorry about that) It blends in perfectly and i started smooting it with glas and epoxy (good thing i used to repair full CF surfboards )

Then ill either paint the sides of the hood flat black and leave the CF visable.. put a layer of cf on the hood parts that stay steel .. or paint the entire hood black ...

Pics will be up soon !

It feels lighter.. but i have to do a check when it is all smoothen out..

otherwhise japan is key they even sell CF doors !!! i so want to win the lottery !

This was news to me. Anyone have a good contact that check on the viability of getting these over here? Seems like after shipping and packaging them it would end up being real expensive.

The beta motorsport unit is a real close fit .. With a little fabrication it looks smooth and pro.. especially when you would paint it all black!!

Maybe ask John C to do a limited run on them ??? He makes quality stuff and is a member .. i would def buy another off him for a s130 ! ( cowled that is :) )

Maybe ask John C to do a limited run on them ??? He makes quality stuff and is a member .. i would def buy another off him for a s130 ! ( cowled that is )

I get asked to make a CF 280ZX hood about once every 3 months. I always say that if they get a few more guys in on the deal (cash talks, BS walks) and they can provide me with a perfect hood, I'll risk the $1,000 it takes to make proper mold. Until then, find someome that can do a splash mold and have them build a couple hoods.

Well guys we have winner here !!! rear hatches too ? I would def buy a CF or glass Hood (is that the same mold ???) and a CF or GF Rear hatch of you John, I assume you would make a cowl ? or a normal hood?? Any way the hood i took last time would be a great cowl mold haha ! I just would like one for 2+2 too, and the hatch for my CPE project ....

What are you looking for per unit and where can i pay ! Lets get this going guys !!

IM IN Common HOP THE BANDWAGON HERE !!!

After talking with Frank - he moves fast - I estimate a 280ZX carbon fiber hood (a real CF hood) primered would be about $675. A 280ZX fiberglass hood primered would be about $330. A 280ZX fiberglass hood with a layer of CF on top and a clear coat would be about $480. These estimated prices are for an OEM style hood without the turbo NACA duct or vent.

Haha sorry about that was at work so kindoff busy ..

but yeah i mean when we get a reputable shop offering to make it ... we should move fast, as most supliers dont see market in the s130 i have seen your work.. and shop, met you as a very nice guy .. and cut up your work last week to know it is quality :) ...so finally the underdog car so to speak .. ( not as underdog as a z31 but ...) gets some stuff made ..

Like i said on the phone ... a hatch would be something i would wish for somwhere at the end of this year or next year ( MSA time) aswel!

Who is in guys.. and what would you John see as a fit downpament and where and when does this need to be in..

I would be looking at a 'fake CF' 480 USD one and a GF one for me. This will be without hood vents ?? or with ?