HybridZ

WidebodyZ Updates

Drftn280zxt

Alright these are new scale drawn rears of a 280zx with my designed widebody.

Now feedback on the widebody itself is good but what I am most interested in is which wing/spoiler do you like best. I am a bit stuck both look good. One is old school styled (BRE) and functional; the other, very modern, and very functional and JGTC (Super GT) inspired.

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

I think the old-school spoiler looks cool when you look at the car from behind. The JGTC is ok too, but in my opinion the BRE is better. Do you have sketches from the sides too? The JGTC may look better from the sides of the car.

I need to see it from rear and front 3/4 view to make that call. It's going to depend on what the sides of the spoiler look like with the rest of the body lines. Offhand, from following the old widebody thread, I'd say extend the super gt spoiler back, and lower it down a little to balance out the long front end...

IMO the JGTC wing would look very ricy on the car based on the shape of the hatch... the BRE style however is SWEET

just my 2 bits

honestly I'd use the ZXR style whale tail thats in your sig image... on another note if your ever interested in selling that same whale tail please let me know... I'm looking for another

heck i have alot of those taillights...atleast something like that in my shed...they are just the round light off of an opel, and some even have it for the reverse light in the center like those...but ur drawing definately looks awesome on the car...wonder how it would look with the dual pipes on it?

actually the rear diffuser/splitter is there in the drawing it just isn't colored. I dunno about a whale tail. Depending whether or not I can design a nice JGTC airfoil to fit the ZX, I personally would rather have the airfoi,l but if the airfoil simply just won't look good than the larger BRE spoiler would do. Both look awesome I have to agree. I need to take some pics of my ZX in order to get a scale drawing in the front and rear 3/4 view as that will definitely detmine a lot of things in the overall design. Also I still need to complete my scale model which is in the works just need to complete the exterior, the interior is nearly finished.

Guest check_engine

BRE looks a little smallish. Maybe if you extend it to the edges of your quarters. Personally, I think widebody Zs look best without spoilers, but the JGTC inspired spoiler would look good on the edgier 280zx, if done right.

So is it going to look like the Monza Mystery Z? Not a bad look. It's really too bad nobody ever found anything out about this car...

japz2.jpg

My feelings on the giant airfoil are pretty much if you need it, go for it. It looks (to me) out of place and cheap on a street car, but the whale tail or the BRE duck-bill looks more integrated on a street car, since you can design them to flow with the body lines and accentuate all the work you put into the new curves. Unless you are building a race car, my personal feelings on body mods is that the car should look like it came that way from SOMEwhere (even if it's more like mars than the Datsun factory), and those airfoil spoilers just look tacked on to me. I don't want to sound preachy, I think you are making some very cool designs. Just wanted to throw my 2.5 cents in the hat.

This Z looks very sickly sick. Actually the custom body kit is like those that they put on FDRX-7 from RE Amenia or whatever its called. Very eye appealing but more of a track race car then anything. You guys s buhould research a bit more about this Z and find out how to get this kit and modified abit from the drawing that i saw and see what you guys could do with it. The only thing that i would change is the rear diffuser and make it go around the sides where rear wheels are. VERY SICK!!!

So is it going to look like the Monza Mystery Z? Not a bad look. It's really too bad nobody ever found anything out about this car...

japz2.jpg

My feelings on the giant airfoil are pretty much if you need it' date=' go for it. It looks (to me) out of place and cheap on a street car, but the whale tail or the BRE duck-bill looks more integrated on a street car, since you can design them to flow with the body lines and accentuate all the work you put into the new curves. Unless you are building a race car, my personal feelings on body mods is that the car should look like it came that way from SOMEwhere (even if it's more like mars than the Datsun factory), and those airfoil spoilers just look tacked on to me. I don't want to sound preachy, I think you are making some very cool designs. Just wanted to throw my 2.5 cents in the hat.[/quote']

well putting the diffuser all the way to the edge would not help much. You only need it as far as air is flowing UNDER the car. That is mostly in the middle. Plus the more air you have in the smaller area means it is going to be moving faster which means more suction to the ground. If thee is too little of a diffuser then the air will be going through a bottleneck and actually build pressure underneath the car and give lift. If it is too wide then the effect will be less and thus being wasted effort.