HybridZ

1971 240z restoration PICS

AFTER:

my240z1.jpg

Sweet I didnt know that was you next to me at MSA I would have checked out your car more. I have been subscribed to your thread for almost a year, ever since I found it.

Your going to crack that Turbo L28 apart before you install it right? I let one sit for less than 3 years in the garage and the cylinders had a slight bit of rust on them. I would almost guarntee yours to be in the same condition. Besides if its not you can install a new metal headgasket and be done with it.

Congrats on the build, I wish I would have looked closer when I was at the event.

Well today I went to the local swapmeet to look for a old laptop with the DB9 serial outlet found one but there was no power adapter he wanted $40. I decide not to buy it got home got on craigslist but no luck. Looked on recycler and found one a Compac armada M700 for $175. Some old man was selling it in ontario,CA so i got it he also was selling more laptops toshiba laptops for $160. I got home connected the MSI to the stimulator and to the laptop to check if everything is in good shape. As of right know im on step 71 on the DIY msI kit. Im having some problems regarding some off the steps that I will post later on. I should of got the MSI fully assemble.

I almost forgot I went to the local junkyard on saturday I found a Turbo 280zx. I got the injectors with the fuel rail since mine didn't have anything. I also took the stock Oil cooler with hoses.I also got some tubing for the exhaust and downpipe.

The Boot Header {H1) on the board near Q9 is used to reprogram the CPU in MegaSquirt® (not the tuning parameters, but the actually code that uses the tuning parameters). It is NOT used for MegaSquirt-II. Leave it open, and do not jumper it in either case. In most cases you won't need to touch it. Depending on what you want from your MegaSquirt® EFI Controller, though, you may end up using the boot header to eventually to load customized code, such as MSnS-E, etc. To load new code, put a short piece of bent wire between the two H1 holes. Some people have put a momentary switch across the boot header, and place the switch so they can go into bootloader mode simply by pressing this switch while powering up, without opening the case. (If you do this, be sure it can't be pressed accidentally.) The instructions for loading new MegaSquirt® code (not MS-II) is here.

DO i have to do this in order to FLASH the computer its the DIY msI v3.0 board

• 1 month later...

I have been busy lately with my dad's 64 galaxie.I was running out of funds so I had to stop working on the z and save up some money. Well I just got the summit plastic fuel cell and some AN fittings. Well here are some pictures. I have also installed the engine and did my downpipe and some of the exhaust but still not done.

0068.JPG

0077.JPG

0086.JPG

Why not just add a sump to the stock tank or add a small surge tank. Your going to have to cut the crap out of you nice restoration to install that plastic Summit cell. You are going to loose your spare too, right? Unless you are going racing, the stock tank is the way to go.

Why not just add a sump to the stock tank or add a small surge tank. Your going to have to cut the crap out of you nice restoration to install that plastic Summit cell. You are going to loose your spare too, right? Unless you are going racing, the stock tank is the way to go.

Couldn't agree more, I bought a sump from a hybridz member and couldn't be happier. It looks clean, no cutting of the car needed, and the ease of re-installing a basically stock tank is so nice. I went the double whammy route and installed both the sump and a surge tank...

IMG_6213.jpg

After all your work restoring your car to have to hack at it.....ouch.

I was thinking of that but I was having trouble with my sending unit everytime I hit a bump on the road my gauge would take a crap on me.As far as a spare I need to find one with a 5x 5.75 bolt pattern. This car is not going to be a daily driver. I have already cut out the spare tire well.My problem is that I can't never be satisfied with the modifications I have done to the car Im always trying to do things to it.

The Boot Header {H1) on the board near Q9 is used to reprogram the CPU in MegaSquirt® (not the tuning parameters, but the actually code that uses the tuning parameters). It is NOT used for MegaSquirt-II. Leave it open, and do not jumper it in either case. In most cases you won't need to touch it. Depending on what you want from your MegaSquirt® EFI Controller, though, you may end up using the boot header to eventually to load customized code, such as MSnS-E, etc. To load new code, put a short piece of bent wire between the two H1 holes. Some people have put a momentary switch across the boot header, and place the switch so they can go into bootloader mode simply by pressing this switch while powering up, without opening the case. (If you do this, be sure it can't be pressed accidentally.) The instructions for loading new MegaSquirt® code (not MS-II) is here.

DO i have to do this in order to FLASH the computer its the DIY msI v3.0 board

YES. It's fairly easy procedure.