HybridZ

1971 240z restoration PICS

I did double layers of RAAMmat on the floor today. I also started to install the carpet padding Im going to be using if the auto supplies store is open some padding with the double sides of aluminum. That is for the firewall padding. i stated to upholster the fender wells i cut the vinyl and added the foam and my dad did the sewing with a top stich on the band.

Here are some pictures.......

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3091.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3101.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3111.JPG

Its been a long 2 days of cuting fabric, foam and making patterns and sewing. I used 1/2 foam with backing, black vinyl with dot indents and some other type of fabric with a nice pattern. I did the center parts and headrest with fabric. and the rest of the seat with the vinyl. I don't want to be sliding around with the vinyl in the center also. I still need to do the bottom seats i just did the backs and headrest. I was a pain in the ass to sew the vinyl. These are z32 power seats. Here are some pictures

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3121.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3131.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3141.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3151.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3161.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3171.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3181.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3191.JPG

wow this is insane i just picked up on this. i know this is a bit late, but i noticed you used a 280zx radiator like i currently did. i had to drill new holes. did you have to do the same or was there a way you got it to fit just right? since i drilled new holes i moved the radiator down so the top wont hit the hood, making clearance jsut in case.. let me know what you did. -larry.

I finished the 2 seat. I started to do the carpet this weekend its a pain in the ass. I cost $27 a yard and its pretty stiff so its going to be hard to take at little wrinkles on some spots. I doing the whole floor black carpet including the trans tunnel. Here are some pictures,also im still not done need to trim some the carpet sew some parts of it and glue it to the padding I should be done by the end of this weekend. I did it in six pieces everything will be sewn together. I still need to make a custom center console of modify the original.

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3261.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3271.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3281.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3291.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I have been so laizy on the weekdays after work i havent done nothing to the car. An since i have taken on snowboarding on the weekends i have no money or time eighter. But some good news is that my Custom 5X4.75 aluminum hubs from ROSS are going to be arriving on the 27 of Dec. I have also made some panels for the inside of the car that will hold down the carpet on bottom edge on doors.I'll post some pictures when i have the bolts to bolt them up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well today I decided to get my laizy ass up and work on the 240z. So I decided to install the aluminum hubs i got from ross. Since the ARP bolts that came with the hubs were to long for the lugs i had, I had to buy shorter bolts. I decide to stay stock front brake system for now i started drilling the stock 240z rotor because the hubs are 5 bolts and the stock are 4 and It work perfectly.

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3471.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3481.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3501.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_3521.JPG