AE2ZX

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

spendy yes .. :twisted:

i have been locking down THAT BOLT everyday more and more THE LEAK IS almost gone ...

just a little sound not to much .

even though it is costly i think it would be worth it just to have one .

better flow :) ..real tight sounding i bet :)...the only thing is it has a TD-07 flange.

i have a T3/T4 ....i tryed looking up TD-07 flanges but i couldnt tell from any of

the pics what the differnts was .:confused:

You could always have a local fab shop weld on a new flange, not that big a deal.

That header would be a sweet turbo setup though.

Wait thats the twin turbo header my friend linked me to for his 7mgte. Do they make a LHD T/TT header for l28's?

*EDIT* nevermind I see they use the same pic for all their manifolds. Man thats a nice design!

~Alex

made it to to the 1000 mile mark sence the swap .

did a oil change and some retighting of a few things .

she is runnnig like a champ 8psi spikes with a steady 7psi all day :burnout:

exhaust leak is all but gone :icon55:..still looking for intercooler stuff ..

i want 10psi all day:twisted: i found some more piping .buts waiting on coupers

got a email back from greddy .they are going to look

into it and email me back when they get back

to the office after the SEMA show .:shock:

The rain has come :( ...Did a full cleaning 22 min car wash at this car wash gray got a job at ...the cleaners they have are so awsome ..9 min clear coating that stuff makes the z gleam ...

i then went and got a full set of new plugs and installed them ...

NGK Vpower ..the old plugs where a little white :?so i turned my FPR up just alittle from 36psi to 40 psi in the the rail....i gapped the new plugs right at 0.039

on the lower side of the setting so hopfuly they will be a golden brown color when i check them in 300 miles .still have not heard back from greddy but i see that a few forums out there have pics post from SEMA show from this last weekend so it should be sometime this week that i here back from them .:burnout:

Nice way to check air/fuel ratio... via plugs... Yea, I think i'm getting a a/f guage long before I start turning up boost on my L28et. I'm just not that brave. Let me know how you like those plugs. I'll be buying a set off the bat anyways, along with new injectors (though I'll probly just get some junkyard turbo ones).

Weather hasn't been great, wich is why I wanted to finish sooner. Oh well.

I've decided to just convert all the wiring on the entire car. I've got all the wiring pulled off the NA car and I'll soon be pulling the wiring from the turbo car while labling it. The main thing I'm worried about is what I'm going to do with the extra length of cable since it's a 2+2 car. I'll probly just put the excess behind the seats or something.

The 2+2 is about 8 inches longer in the middle of the car so only your gas tank/tail light wiring will be longer... and by 8 inches. I don't see a problem there.

$1700? With that kind of cash you're well on your way to owning an RB25DET. Its a waste on an L28eT.

L28 is a fun CHEAP turbo engine for a good 300hp. Beyond that its pointless unless you're one of those guys who just likes to have the "orignal" engine in there. You'll spend way more money for less horsepower than an RB is capable of.

Though with an RB parts are generally more expensive in general, though I guess that's not a problem since stock they're not all too far from 300hp anyways. :D

My car is test only this year!!! Bah those evil government spooks. They musta known I was planning an engine swap. Oh well, the ball is still in my court and I'm looking good. But once I get it legalised I'm gonna consider how hard it'll be to get an RB25DET in there without anyone being the wiser that it's not a "2.8 Nissan Turbo" motor (the engine label doens't legally need to specify what the engine code is, it just as to mention year, displacement, and manufacture, I just wish you good luck in finding a ref that will only put that on the label).

for me it's the part being so rare ....ya you could be one of the ten millon

people that own rb motors though out the world witch is cool and fun and all that :icon44:..or you can have one of the last parts of Z history that not but a few will have ...iam going to start building my na f54 block back up new lower end making it turboed no rush but that would be a tight part to have .

along with a big TD-07:twisted: head work:twisted: cam :twisted:standalone :twisted: mhmmhmhmhmhmhmhmhhmhmhmhmhm goodiesssssssss:wink:

final test of the swap top end test and road rally .everything has been right and tight for days ..so figured it was time to rally out to some junk yards.. along the way I opened her up :burnout:

5 gear 4900 rpm 130mph .:shock: GRAY WAS SHITING HIMSELF

my friends black 89 240sx stock KA was left so far behide he stoped trying to keep up :shock:

I "think" 16 or 17 mabe 18 seconds to get there not sure ..there was still alot of pedal left and 1000 rpm :shock::shock::shock::shock:

she never missed a beat not befor or after or for the rest of the day it was hard driving for four hours with rest stops and junk yards along the way ..two cars two fools in each car.

it was alot of fun we went to many a junk yard ...

FYI vovlo 740 intercoolers will work on z cars .

its a little smaller then the saab one's but thicker:wink: red 84 TURBO is broke down

out back me and the owner are going to do a few mods while she is down and out .black 240sx got a front lip and a wing for pretty cheep .all and all it was a good day :)

• 3 weeks later...

AFTER 2000 MILES OF DRIVING .

i found that a few bolts wiggled lose and my exhaust needed to

be fixed ..so i spend sometime with the grinder and the welder ..

got it all locked down ..went though alot of things had a bunch of rattles fixed them good now everything IS right and tight .almost ready for a new set of tires for the back already :ugg:.

10psi makes it alittle eazyer to burn them off :cool: lots of power from 2900rpm up in every gear just have to becareful in the rain :icon4:two much gas :nono:

i think the best thing i could tell anyone if they are plaining a swap is the hardest thing is to think ahead . wanting on parts sucks8-)

hope all youR swaps make your Z dreams come true :)

• 1 month later...
yes jfairladyz is a good guy he helped me out on a problem or two not so long back .......

i have already messed with the afm giving it

a new swipe spot and cleaning it ...

iam looking into a few things if the injectors fail to fix it .

i will clean all connections on everything ecu plugs

afm plugs any and all plugs .

after reading alot of posts iam now pretty sure that fuel ratio is the cause

ie 185cc phyton NA injectoRs are not going to even give her nere the right amount of fuel vs the 265cc turbo injectors...

timeing seems awsome she fired over first try after not being started for 24 hours .idle is great ..temp is great runs cooler than the na .oil presser reads the same as the na strong and good showing no signs of being wierd .....watching the air fuel gauge she starts lean as she gets warmer it climbs to the last ideal or frist rich bar .slowly rev her she sounds fine .rev her hard she stumbles alittle

rpms will climb to 5000rpm but poping will happen if she's pushed .

when slowly reved air fuel drops to or into the lean bars . reved hard gauge drops off the map....

if i let her rev to far i here it popop .i try to never let that happen .

if driven witch has been very very little once every other day just down the street or up the block and back .or a trip out to my girls house ....

air fuel gauge will be at ideal just cruseing but if gas is steped on it will drop to lean or uder lean

{off the guage }i can rev to about 3000rpm befor it starts to stumble gauge will drop off the map below lean...

fuel pump is working great fpr reads 50 psi if revd goes right to 55 or 56psi

if i turn it down to 35 psi .then rev it without load on the motor

she stumbles way faster at like 2200rpm and stumbles worse if i try to go any higher .

i have it tuned so i can get by just to the point where boost would start ..

i can here the turbo start to kick in but air fuel is no where close to where in needs to be gauge goes way lean ...vacum gauge reads strong at 19 to 20 under 0...AS i get to 0 on the vacum G i here that turbo wanting to spool ...

.........O I CAN HERE IT .......IT SOUNDS SO F-ING SICKKKK .

but i got to be real careful to make that happen ,the air fuel gauge

is droping off the map and then it starts to buck and

stumble when doing this ..

did i say i was being real carful during all tests ..i was! i dont want to mess anything up .

all of these things have made me learn alot , about "how it all works"..

reading though posts and learning more all the time .

there are alot of nice Z 's with realy sick setups on this site ...

thanks to all there hard work and reading what they left for us we can all learn alot ..

i would like to say a big THANKS to anyone that has ever posted ..

thanks for keeping a good flow of info for EVERY z owner to learn from :)

mabe someday i will feel confidant eff to install a megasquirt setup ..

i have been reading up but there would still be alot of reading and work to be done befor i would go jumping in to that .

Hi, I been keeping up with your swap for a while, and I don't know if this is the problem but it wouldn't hurt to check. Check the dissy wire and plug see if it plug all the way. Because my friend z31 car had that problem.

• 1 year later...
i am a stupid fool................:ugg:

i sold my z about 8 months ago i miss her so bad ..:cry2:

if you are a z owner dont be stupid like me dont sell her...:icon11:

So that's why you havn't been around.

Ok, spill the details. How much, and why on earth why?

So that's why you havn't been around.

Ok, spill the details. How much, and why on earth why?

trany was going out :icon11:... no space to work on her .needed a back seat for my daughter.:lol: winter 2007 someone stoped short and I rearend them messing up the rate core support and when i fixed it , it never looked right .:mad: .sold her on craigslist seattle for $1800.00 :cry2:

my brother has a brown 1973 240z in the front yard . it needs lots

of work he really want to get rid of it .he said he was going to send it to the junk yard...but i keep telling him .its mine. dont do anything with it.

SO ........ i think iam going to start something with it .

maybe RB25 swap... :burnout::icon44: