HybridZ

Tattoo Designs

savageskaterkid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its also gonna be a spot thats not very prone to age or muscle stretching or sagging(its gonna be my upper forearm.)

Hmmm, well I got a Sparrow and and earth worm on my right arm when I was 19 in Jacksonville North Carolina. I weighed 165 then. Now 25 years later and 60 pounds heavier that damn thing turned into an Eagle and a snake!!!:burnout: So aging isnt all bad I guess......hehehehe.

Terry

Hmmm' date=' well I got a Sparrow and and earth worm on my right arm when I was 19 in Jacksonville North Carolina. I weighed 165 then. Now 25 years later and 60 pounds heavier that damn thing turned into an Eagle and a snake!!!:burnout: So aging isnt all bad I guess......hehehehe.

Terry[/quote']

Probably a bald eagle and an 20 foot long anaconda!!

Savage. I started designing my first tattoo when I was 19. I started drawing it on myself when I was 20. I had it on my body, kept touching it up, for six months before I decided to do it. I had the design in hand for just over a year before I had it inked. I had to wait three months for an appointment with the guy I wanted to do the work. Three years later, and I've never regretted it. The quality is great- I still catch people talking about it when my shirt is open. They all think it's fresh. My mom loves it too which doesn't hurt.

All that to say, think about it dude. Work at it and work at it and work at it. Get it perfect. Find an artist whose work that you like and whose older work you have seen. Also, not to knock the skills of people on this forum, because there is talent here, but I would go talk to the tattooist you're looking at working with. His perspective will be influenced by how things look on skin and not on paper or computer screen.

Last but most important. Good tattoos are not cheap, and cheap tattoos are not good. That's the truth, brotha!

No matter how attatched I am to designs I do for people, I always recommend they ask their tattoo artist to use it as a starting point rather than insist it be that way. Those guys do it every day, so they know what works and what doesn't. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I were to post something for you, and when you got it it wasn't exactly the same. Wingnutt's got some good advice there I think.

All good points, I think I'm going to see the tattoo artist tommorrow, now that I'm home, I just wanted to bring something to show, like an idea of what I want it to look like. I have a month before I'm getting it done, so that should give me some time to work out whats gonna happen with the artist.

So, my years long idea of a racing stripe all down my body is a bad idea? Humpf.

Just make sure it is an offset style stripe, otherwise it could be mistaken for a pair of suspenders (Much less tough than a tattoo IMO) from a distance.

Edit: Also, any reason why I have 30 posts, and it's only registering as 22?

Are My posts measured at the wheels?

Guest 280ZForce

got a picture of copy of the sketch? would be interesting to see. i'm sure we all could give you some feedback on it and whether we praise it or can offer some better ideas for ya.

PLEASE don't get a tribal! If I were a tattoo artist, I'd refuse to do those on principle. What tribe do you belong to, dude? The only part of that tribal that would have any meaning to you would be the z part, and all the rest would just be filler. You'd be better off getting a tattoo of the table of contents from your z owners manual or something. Maybe the oil change instructions...yeah, that would be a dope tattoo!

I'm not a huge fan of tribals either, but it just flows with the idea on this one.

My scanner isn't hooked up at the moment, and it was just a sketch, nothing worth getting the scanner hooked up for-he wants me to think about the design for a bit and tweak and add to it abit before he does. And when I have the idea set I go and pay for the outline or real drawing and that goes towards the price of the tattoo itself. But I'm photoshopping my idea now, and I'll upload it when its done.

that too is a good idea. The basic concensis of the z is that the intake-exhaust manifold gasket didn't seal right, and it turned out to be a broken bolt that looked to be in place(untill I turned it and it spun)-so I have to take all that apart-hopefully just use an extractor and get all new hardware. I do not want to do this right now though. I just got an old sentra filling Daily driver duties, so I have all the time in the world for the Z. If I were to fix the problem(I have the gasket in the garage)I would need to put the manifolds back on along with the turbo. The seals in my turbo are bad and I plan on using a diffrent turbo. Its hard tightening the turbo bolts in car, and taking off the manifold again to put a diffrent turbo on seems to be a waste since I'm not driving it at all. And I also found 2 people trying to sell me turbos(I'll leave them nameless now for reasons)-one is a low-mile stocker, and the other is a holset-not sure which to use though(budget)

Sorry, had to rant a bit, been thinkin about this for a week and haven't figured out what route to go yet-I wanna stay L-series for now. But idk if I wanna do N/a-tripple carbs(expensive) or turbo.