HybridZ

I got my spoiler from MSA but there's an issue....

80LS1T

Hey guys I just got my spoiler from MSA on Wednesday and there seems to be an issue....there is something inside of it rolling around! Its just one of the lip spoilers for the hatch. When I tilt it back and forth you can hear something rolling around inside of it. So either I'm going to have to send it back or I'm going to have to drill a hole in the bottom of it and get the piece out!

It really isn't a huge deal to get the piece out but I'm a little annoyed that I have to do this after paying $175 for it!

Do you guys think I should call MSA and try to get some money back on it or some free stuff?

Guy

I bought the CF rear spoiler from them a few months back. When I took it out of the box, I heard the same thig your discribing.

After looking closely, I noticed that one of the nuts that was molded in on the backside, came off from the inside, and just rolls around.

It still has a good one on each end, so hopefully it will hold in down good enough....

So when you call them tell them that mine has the same problem - and it's been on my car for 8 years!! I don't think this is a random problem with this part.

FWIW - Mine has, in fact, been mounted on my car for 8 years and I haven't had a bit of trouble with it - just the curious noise of something moving around when I lift the hatch and close it.

It seems that quality control and after sales service isn't their strong suit! Guy:

Call and advise them of the problem you are experiencing. Return the item and tell them that you are back charging them for the return shipping. Then you can voice your dissatisfaction with their lack of after sales service if you are not satisfied with how they plan to resolve the issue. In all actuallity, nothing will probably happen. But, hopefully they will rectify your complaint to your satisfaction however you would like it handled. In any event, they should do everything they can to resolve your problem in a timely fashion, without causing you further discomfort. At least thats how the big companies handle their business. Hope it all works out for you.

Personally, I think you should be cool about it. That stuff happens occasionally. Call and let them know about it so they can fix later orders, but don't try to get something for it.

I'm seriously confused here... WHY would he not expect to get a quality part for the money he paid? :shock: If we as a community expect to receive and allow for products that are substandard, that is EXACTLY what we will get... It would be a HUGE deal to me, no matter who the seller of the product was (And no, this isn't a "mikelly" rant on MSA).

Guy, I'd send it back "AT THEIR EXPENSE" and ask them to check their stock and make sure the next part shipped is intact.

Mike

Guy, I'd send it back "AT THEIR EXPENSE" and ask them to check their stock and make sure the next part shipped is intact.

I think I will do just that tommorow! I'll see what they can do for me first though. I wouldn't mind some free parts or some cash back.

Guy