HybridZ

3.15 R200 value?

Bob_H

I am trying to figure out just what a R200 with a 3.15 ratio is actually worth. Rare as hen's teeth, etc.. I know - but nowhere do I see any value.

I saw $2000 in one thread - but I highly doubt that a diff can be worth that much, (although I did sell a 3.9 R200 with a Gleason for $1300 8 years ago...).

Can anyone point to a source showing what they are actually worth/what they would cost if I were to buy one? Or if you can't point to a source, what would you pay if you were looking?

-Bob

$200 ! If the LSD is in good condition. Shoot, I sold an R200 (open 3.90) differential is excellent condition for $100.

I'm gonna have to go with not quite.... 3.9's are everywhere, as are 3.54's. Good luck finding a 3.15 - they were only available through NISMO/Nissan as an aftermarket ring/pinion as I understand and they aren't available anymore.

I've seen more than $200 for a good LSD R-200, with a common diff ratio.

Now if your joking and are trying to move in - I see your joke and raise you one laugh. :icon47:

-Bob:razz:

I could see someone paying over $1000 easy. Did you look for threads on the 3.36 R200. They're not nearly as rare but I seem to remember people throwing around numbers like $800 or $1000 for them, this is probably more than a year ago.

I'd stick it up on ebay, post about it here and zcar.com and classiczcars.com and see what happens.

Hmmm if I wasn't doing a 2.93 R230, I would consider it.

I am currently running a 3.36 R200 LSD and would expect to get 800-1000 for it when I am ready to sell.

A 3.15 R200 would be good for someone without an overdrive (like me)

I've got a 3.36 in the Scarab and don't care for it at all. Granted I have a 4 speed Muncy in the car but the car is a slug stop light to stop light. The 3.70LSD in the JTR car hauls ballz though.

Unless you're wanting a TOP SPEED car I wouldn't run it. I'm sure there is somebody out there looking for one so it's worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for it. I'd say since it is an aftermarket only part, depending on condition $500 to $800 since 3.7 LSD's are going for $500++ now. Just my crazy thoughts though.

I am trying to figure out just what a R200 with a 3.15 ratio is actually worth. Rare as hen's teeth' date=' etc.. I know - but nowhere do I see any value.

I saw $2000 in one thread - but I highly doubt that a diff can be worth that much, (although I did sell a 3.9 R200 with a Gleason for $1300 8 years ago...).

Can anyone point to a source showing what they are actually worth/what they would cost if I were to buy one? Or if you can't point to a source, what would you pay if you were looking?

-Bob[/quote']

Do you have one of these?

While it wasn't clear in the first post, (intentionally), I do have one. I actually have a ton of R200 diffs:

3.15, 3.36, 3.54, 3.7, 3.9, 4.11, 4.57,(with lsd).

The 3.9 is in the car currently. Not sure what one I am going to stick with,(I am putting in the RB26), I expect to keep it at 3.9 or 4.11 since that is close to the stock GT-R ratios.

Anyone who is responding to a thread like this who wants to buy one is always careful about what price they put, because they are driving up their own cost and I recognize that. So I was trying to be obscure to get a best guesstimate. Bottom line, it appears to be worth around $1000 based on a lot of research,(with ranges from $800-$1500). I don't know that I'll sell it - I don't need the money. I hate to sell things that I could later use, (it would be nice to still have that Gleason-Torsen 3.9 R200).

-Bob

As posted above, the money they ONCE comanded was prodigious. But now with the availability of 2.9 gearsets/diffs from the Armada, their value is dropping as the diffy is stronger.

Now, with Subaru selling Torsen-Gleason R200's in their new Turbo Legacy, it's only a matter of time till they start showing up on the market and make things once made of "unobtanium" no longer worth what they once were.

No way I would pay upwards of $1000 for it, but indeed $500 would easily drop out of my wallet. The $1000 would be more for the old 3.08 gearset.

But as stated earlier, now with the Armada Pumpkins available, an even better ratio (and yes, it IS for a Land Speed Salt Flats Car) is available, for a price probably much less than that and with low miles as well!

Damn the march of "Product Improvement"! It shoots your hoarde's value right in the butt! LOL

Anyway, don't pay too much for that Torsen-Gleason R200, waiting a few more years and the chances of a cheap one simply showing up in a Northeastern Junkyard in the back end of a T2007 Turbo Legacy is HIGH!

While it wasn't clear in the first post' date=' (intentionally), I do have one. I actually have a ton of R200 diffs:

3.15, 3.36, 3.54, 3.7, 3.9, 4.11, 4.57,(with lsd).

The 3.9 is in the car currently. Not sure what one I am going to stick with,(I am putting in the RB26), I expect to keep it at 3.9 or 4.11 since that is close to the stock GT-R ratios.

Anyone who is responding to a thread like this who wants to buy one is always careful about what price they put, because they are driving up their own cost and I recognize that. So I was trying to be obscure to get a best guesstimate. Bottom line, it appears to be worth around $1000 based on a lot of research,(with ranges from $800-$1500). I don't know that I'll sell it - I don't need the money. I hate to sell things that I could later use, (it would be nice to still have that Gleason-Torsen 3.9 R200).

-Bob[/quote']

Let me know if you want to sell the 3.36 or the 3.54 for a reasonable price. I'm looking for a LSD.

As posted above' date=' the money they ONCE comanded was prodigious. But now with the availability of 2.9 gearsets/diffs from the Armada, their value is dropping as the diffy is stronger.

Now, with Subaru selling Torsen-Gleason R200's in their new Turbo Legacy, it's only a matter of time till they start showing up on the market and make things once made of "unobtanium" no longer worth what they once were.

No way I would pay upwards of $1000 for it, but indeed $500 would easily drop out of my wallet. The $1000 would be more for the old 3.08 gearset.

But as stated earlier, now with the Armada Pumpkins available, an even better ratio (and yes, it IS for a Land Speed Salt Flats Car) is available, for a price probably much less than that and with low miles as well!

Damn the march of "Product Improvement"! It shoots your hoarde's value right in the butt! LOL

Anyway, don't pay too much for that Torsen-Gleason R200, waiting a few more years and the chances of a cheap one simply showing up in a Northeastern Junkyard in the back end of a T2007 Turbo Legacy is HIGH![/quote']

The Armada diff is a R230, so not quite an apples to apples comparison. Yes, it is a lower ratio, theoretically stronger,(as if you needed more than the R200 can support), but is a custom install/fab at this time. Lots have done it, but there are those out there who prefer bolt in simplicity. For that, 3.15 or lower has limted availability.

And it is important to point out that the Armada's haven't been around all that long,(first built in 2004) and aren't exactly a dime a dozen. Wrecked ones aren't easy to find, and I'd bet the diff isn't all that cheap. (I tried to find production figures, but struck out)

Side note, -I won't be buying a Gleason-torsen - I sold mine 3 years ago.

And I only have one LSD - not all of them. Sorry for the confusion to several people.

I wasn't really serious to sell, was more just filling some spare time - but a decent price is always a motivator to move some stash.

Once I figure out just what ratio I really need,(plus the surrounding ratios for different tracks/etc..), I'll then unload the rest. Until then, unless someone offers me big bucks, I'm keeping all mine.

-Bob