HybridZ

Best looking z car??!!

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/240157212/1240177203059395841IxINSG

This is the best looking stock fendered z car I've seen. Well, except for the damage. I have to say this car and the blue one from Japan, featured at z parts.com are my favorites. Anyways to the real point. Does anyone know what wheels those are and or backspacing, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Poor car!

Thanks,

Jake

they have made 16's in the past.

they do make 17's, and the ones JTmny1999 posted are not the ones on thats on the silver Z.

the ones on the silver Z are these CCw's....

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles-model.php?id=classic

When i talked to John at CCW back in the day, he told me that 16's are the same price as a 17in wheel, and would take way longer to get, as they dont stock any 16in rims to make a set.

they have made 16's in the past.

they do make 17's' date=' and the ones JTmny1999 posted are not the ones on thats on the silver Z.

the ones on the silver Z are these CCw's....

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles-model.php?id=classic

When i talked to John at CCW back in the day, he told me that 16's are the same price as a 17in wheel, and would take way longer to get, as they dont stock any 16in rims to make a set.

Yup, looks like the classics because the lip is different and the wheel size looks smaller than 18's. I think u can get any offset with the 3 piece wheel but not with a 1 piece.

That is indeed my old 240 and those are CCW wheels. I have limited access to this site and can not post pics for some odd security reason.

The wheels are 2-piece 16 X 8 inch w/ zero off-set and I run 225s on the front and 245s on the rear on my current 240. The rears only fit because I cut and pushed up the inner wheel well flange and then rolled the flat portion of the body panel up to form a lip. That and the fact I have coil-overs and 2 degrees negative camber allow them to tuck up without rubbing.

I had just been emailed a picture of a deer embedded in an SUV the day before the bad dog incident. Since I use a 5-point harness when I saw the dog I had thoughts of it rolling up the hood and right into my face. The harness is a great thing to have as I exited the wrecked Z with no injuries or soreness at all but you are pinned in place.

If someone wants they can email me at: john@baddogparts.com and I will forward a picture of my current 240 w/CCW wheels and one of what was left of the wrecked 240 after I stripped it (not for the faint-hearted). If you can post them here on this thread that would be great too.

I appreciate the comments about my old Z and I might be able to come up with a few more pics of it on the road and on the track.

My tranny guy says he likes the wrecked 240 (w/3.0L) over the newer 3.2L as it handled better. Since most of the suspension came from the wrecked 240 I think I need more time in the shop tweaking things. The current 240 is prettier but I beat the piss out it too.

Here's some of the pics of John's old car:

th_track.jpg

th_axracer.jpg

th_113-1354_IMG.jpg

th_107-0703_IMG.jpg

And here's John at age 5 doing what I assume is some frame strengthening to the Scooty Puff Jr. (anybody besides me watch futurama?)

th_5yrsoldB.jpg

(In John's defence, I'm not sure I was supposed to post that one, but hey, I calls 'em like I sees em.)

And these are the new car:

th_mrkchoice2.jpg

th_mrkchoice1.jpg