250 GTO Owners Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very very impressive. Congratulations.

Found these two at a local consignment dealer.             http://www.specialtysales.com/vehicles/11090             http://www.specialtysales.com/vehicles/11089  

Boranni got their modern (hub) design from Dayton...  You might say Boranni and Dayton wheels are essentially the same, because the only real difference is where the spoke go through the rim.

Posted Images

These were de nibbed where necessary and waxed once again before being gelled and layed up, the inner bonnet only had one coat of heavy 600 gram  matting, Lee thought this was ok as once bonded to the outer skin formed a nice light but strong finished piece.

The outer bonnet and boot was layed up with two coats of the 600 matt. these pics are the inner skin.

DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0954.JPG

DSC_0955.JPG

DSC_0956.JPG

DSC_0957.JPG

On 3/24/2019 at 11:56 PM, Boy from Oz said:

Very interesting Jeff, keep the images and info coming.

I'm largely self-taught (through trial & error) about fibreglassing so I'm keen to soak up any information.

Hi Peter,

I had an idea of the basics but spending a few days with Lee has certainly helped me a lot.I feel confident enough to be able to take a mould from any car panel now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...