HybridZ

very tempting 16 x 7

I just checked Konig's website. No 16X7 Rewinds listed

I sent an email to Gabe at T3 (techno toy tuning) and it is no mistake. They are newly released 16" x 7", I asked how much they weigh and shipping to the east coast. here is his reply.

In a message dated 10/20/2006 1:37:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ggtyler@yahoo.com writes:

The 16" wheels weigh just about 16lbs. Lighter than Panasport street wheels, but about 1/2 lb heavier than their race wheels.

Shipping would be $60 back to you.

Gia & Gabriel Tyler

http://www.TechnoToyTuning.com

This is great news. If they will fit over the MMS 13" big brkaes then a set of these will become my track wheels. The 16" Panasports barely clear my MMS brakes.

Thats nice, but whats the point if it isn't 8"+? :-(

I agree.

might try getting them widened at stockton wheel...i'm not sure how much that is though

I doubt they do alloy wheels. If anyone finds out they do, then I'm sure half of the members would take them up on it. Why not add 2 or 3 inches to the width of an alloy wheel?

Davy

I e-mailed weldcraft wheels and they said that they can widen alloy wheels up to 2.5" wider for $150 a wheel. to do it to the front lip will cost $100/wheel extra for grinding the bead down and finishing. I am seriously looking into this because for any 16x8.5 and approx. -38 offset will cost over $2100. if you get the 16x7 rewinds, send them to weldcraft and widened/finished for $1000, you get some 16x8 (or whatever width up to 9.5) for a total of $1600 plus change for shipping. I think that is a great deal!

• 2 weeks later...
I e-mailed weldcraft wheels and they said that they can widen alloy wheels up to 2.5" wider for $150 a wheel. to do it to the front lip will cost $100/wheel extra for grinding the bead down and finishing. I am seriously looking into this because for any 16x8.5 and approx. -38 offset will cost over $2100. if you get the 16x7 rewinds, send them to weldcraft and widened/finished for $1000, you get some 16x8 (or whatever width up to 9.5) for a total of $1600 plus change for shipping. I think that is a great deal!

thats a pritty good deal, especially if you just want to the back 2 wheels wider..why run a 9.5 on the front? i ran a 225 on a 7 and thats plenty wide for front tires.