HybridZ

Pictures of the final RB26 install

fentin_fury

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Quentin!

I'm glad to see it's finally together and running. It looks like Tony did some nice work (as always). I'm looking forward to hearing all about what it's like to drive, and how you like tuning the Microtech. You mentioned in your last e-mail that you had some BOV questions for me. Give me a call...

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Hey Fentin_Fury are you using the stock temp gauge?? I have been tryin to figure out if you can use the stock gauge and I hooked mine up like that but it doesnt read right.. I have a RB25 so I dont know if they are the same but would just a regular autometer temp gauge hooked up through the stock Z wires going to the temp sensor work?? Thanks

The stock RB temp sender won't jive with the Z car temp gauge, you need to use the stock Z car sender, I'm posting probably tomorrow how to do this with an autometer adapter, if you have the intake on your RB off the car you can drill out and tap the sender location for the Z car sender (it's bigger then the RB one)

You guys, i believe the tank in the car above is a water tank for the water injection system he has mounted in the car just ahead of the tank, not a breather tank.

Chris Rummel

Hey Quentin...Andrew from Ottawa (formerly known as StrokerZ). Did you end up using the "venom" injectors? Just to let you know...I had my new set of 720cc (TLF performance selling "venom" products) tested before I put them in the car and one of the injectors was bad...by bad I mean the spray pattern of one of the six injectors was horrible and it was about -15% difference in flow from the rest. Just a heads up. The company was however very quick to rectify the situation with another injector. The ride looks great! Snow coming tomorrow here in Ottawa:fmad:

Very nice work. What engine managgement are you using? I like you surge tank, nice fabrication work! What is the thing that kind of looks like a C clamp along side the passenger side frame rail?

I am using a MicroTech Lt12S with ignition pack and their wide band O2. I don't know what you are refering to on the C clamp - sorry can't help there.

Q

Hey Fentin_Fury are you using the stock temp gauge?? I have been tryin to figure out if you can use the stock gauge and I hooked mine up like that but it doesnt read right.. I have a RB25 so I dont know if they are the same but would just a regular autometer temp gauge hooked up through the stock Z wires going to the temp sensor work?? Thanks

I used the original 240Z sending units for water temp and oil pressure. The autometer guages should come with their own sending units. It was easy to swap in the stock senders (bought a new one for the oil sender).

Q

You guys, i believe the tank in the car above is a water tank for the water injection system he has mounted in the car just ahead of the tank, not a breather tank.

Chris Rummel

No water injecftion - yet :icon14:

That is a surge tank and in front of it sits the fuel filter. Rather than baffle the stop 240Z gas tank I opted for a surge tank.

Q

Drew - I did use the 600 Venom injectors. No - I did not have them tested before installed. hmmm - something to consider once the snow is on the ground.

The engine runs great - pulls hard from about 4000 - to 7000 (where I shift). No break ups - no hesitation - just some traction issues:burnout:

I have left the boost set at 9psi while I get the tuning done. Still have a spike in the AFR at 2psi - will resolve that today - but the AFR trace is getting smooth. I'm hoping to be able to run 16psi on pump gas - no indication so far of any detonation - and with the 600cc injectors I am sure I can put enough fuel in.

Q

I love it!! very nice car and install...If you ever get stuck with anything on the microtech send me a pm.The guy who tunes my car and is also a good friend is the head of microtech global and is the biggest microtech dealer in the world.I can ask him questions for you..BTW i couldnt tell by the pics but did you have the lt12 screwed down?a lot of them have problems with the wires just near the pin in/out connectors from not being screwed down properly.