HybridZ

Pictures of the Z at the last Auto-X

wheelman

I dig the aerodynamic license plate mounting, very genious.

On a more serious note, the rims/tires look 100% fabulous. I hope you drove it like you stole it :D (that reminds me, I got pulled over recently... cop just wanted to make sure it was my car and then let me go :lol: )

Yasin,

Those holes are actually welded up already. There was a bump strip there that was mounted with rivets. I removed it, ground off the paint and welded up the holes. The paint I removed makes the holes look much larger than they actually were, they are also discolored a bit from grinding them smooth after welding.

I got those ROHS ZS wheels and the tires on them for $200.00. :)

I really like the way they look.

Wheelman

• 2 weeks later...

Clive,

I've had the tank in for a while. The tank was in when these pictures were shot although you can't see it.

I was going to put up a thread that chronicled the process but I always forget to take pictures while I'm in the middle of a project. I'm planning on an LSD install this winter so I'll take some pictures of the tank and the hose/wire connections then (I hope).

The tank arrived on good shape with all the connecting hoses and wires just like you said it would. I used the quick connect ends from the stock fuel lines with some high pressure hose I already had so the fuel line connections were very easy. I also connected the stock Datsun pump wires to the connectors in the tank and replaced the internal fuel level sender unit with the one from the Datsun tank (thanks Bartman for that idea).

The one part of the install I'm not happy with is the filler neck. I shortend the stock metal filler end and the rubber hose. I then cut the upper end off the Datsun filler hose and used it to clamp the metal filler neck to the stock Datsun location (sort of like Bartman did) and had to put a 90* angle section of pipe into the rubber section of the filler hose to connect the top metal part to the tank.

I can fill the tank all the way and the fuel gauge works so I'm happy with the swap.

Wheelman

Looking good, I don't think I ever saw any pic's of your car before.

It looks like we're both around the same stage with our cars...I wonder who will have their car painted first?

Glad the tank is working out, I like mine as well...but I do want to change my filler neck install job. There's just so many little things that I still need to do!