HybridZ

what car is this?

OlderThanMe

Confirmed - early Europa. One of the first modern-era mid-engined production cars (pre-Bora?). Fiberglass panels, one of the most interesting frames ever put into a street vehicle - large box-section running front-to-rear, forking fore and aft -

b4frm1.jpg

Very cool, very fast car. One of Colin Chapman's best.

Yep, tiny and very very low.

There is one rotting away in a storage yard near me.

I got a close up look at it one day.

I was thinking maybe honda or mitsu drivetrain but the frame rails in the

rear looked too narrow, as can be seen in the photo above.

Totally cool car though.

Mike.

Sorta-semi related question: what's kind of airdam/flair going on with the yellow and orange Zs? Pretty cool lookin'. I could see something like that on a street Z - the front on view is very often the least attractive for the first generation Zs, in my humble opinion, but the way that fender flair smoothly enters the airdam is attractive.

Sorta-semi related question: what's kind of airdam/flair going on with the yellow and orange Zs? Pretty cool lookin'. I could see something like that on a street Z - the front on view is very often the least attractive for the first generation Zs, in my humble opinion, but the way that fender flair smoothly enters the airdam is attractive.

Was going to ask the same question if anyone has any idea do tell

Mike: I know!!! There is one that is just sitting right down the street but the guy does not want to sell it!!! it has been sitting for 15 or so years (most of my life) and several people I know have asked him what he wants for it and he won't sell it. Thee is also a little 914 sitting in a garage that I would like to get my hands on. Both of these cars are within a quarter mile of my house!

Strotter and MR. Insane...I'll post some of the other pictures of other Zs from that site. I think the orange one is just a regular non vented xenon air dam...I don't know about the flares. I have seen several pictures of Zs with those flares in Japan so it must be a flare that was not exported very much.