HybridZ

my q45 diff mount

cameron

I slept on the idea and it still looks good to me but one concern came to mind.

The fact that the mounts, since the diff is a short nose, needs to be extended forward, would'nt that create some kinde of a lever between the diff. and the original mounting point?

And would'nt that just add to the torque multiplying effect of a diff. that just want to push up with all it's might?

What I mean is that the mounts themselfs are probably strong enough to hold the diff. in place but, maybe the hard points on the chassis itself are'nt strong enough and could get torn off.

I came to this conclusion after reading Mr. jmortensen's sticky on diffs. FAQs.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=116207

I also noticed in the same post, that a desing similar yours has been used but, the guy solved the leverage problem by linking the two parts of the mounts with a lenght of tubing and from that transvers "link", there is another lenght of tubing that goes upward to a plate bolted to the bottom of the tunel. I guess he probably reinforced the tunel too as the sheet is prety thin in this area.

diff_mount1_Medium_11.jpg

So, tell me what ya all think.

Isnt an E Brake mandatory for street inspected vehicles? Maybe a brace could go up and around the EBrake assy?

Terry

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...