HybridZ

HELP! Should I try to set the cartilage in my nose.

280zwitha383

The bad thing is you really have to take your time and press in with your fingers to feel exactly where it's separated then, you have to make sure you hold the part of your nose that's still in place with 2 fingers, then you take grab the loose part with 2 fingers from the other hand and move it. The worst part is that you have to send it a bit further than it was originaly so it will crack the other way and stay in place.

It hurts like hell but it'll hurt less than if you wait untill you get to the clinic, then you wait some more for the doctor, then your face is all swollen and it hurts twice as mutch.

Keep in minde that if any doctor read what I just wrote here he'd probably kill me.

Its probably too late now, but I knew a kid in high school whose dad set his nose by putting a 10 penny nail up each nostril and manipulating everything until it was all straight. Personally I've been through 4 broken noses (only one fight and I was 11 years old) and one deviated septum surgery. Looking at a second surgery now and if I had the balls I'd rather slam my face into another steering wheel and set it myself. That surgery SUCKED big time and hurt way worse than breaking my nose in the first place.

Its probably too late now, but I knew a kid in high school whose dad set his nose by putting a 10 penny nail up each nostril and manipulating everything until it was all straight. Personally I've been through 4 broken noses (only one fight and I was 11 years old) and one deviated septum surgery. Looking at a second surgery now and if I had the balls I'd rather slam my face into another steering wheel and set it myself. That surgery SUCKED big time and hurt way worse than breaking my nose in the first place.

Thanks Jon, exactly what I was saying.:banghead:

Being an insider in these matters, here's how my thought process would go if you walked into my office. First of all, I would take a wallet biopsy? I would then think about what car parts I need and adjust my fees accordingly. Just kidding.

The thought process of most ear, nose and throat surgeons goes like this: If your nose looks crooked, it should be fixed. They ususally don't get x-rays to make this determination, they just look and examine. Sometimes you need to go to the OR, but many times, you can just move the bones a little and put a splint on it. If you are unsure, see an ENT doc.

Well, here the story. I'm coming home from a pretty long day of work and going through the long side of our alley. I get about 4 houses away and there's this huge moving truck parked right beside the dumpsters (I thought they could have moved it back about 10 ft or better yet parked it the other way so that the loading end would be right smack where they needed it but no). So I'm kinda ticked off. I turn around in the alley and punch it for probably a little over a second (long enough to throw plenty of gravel into everything that ever thought of being behind me, get a little sideways but then get out of it because I was getting close to fishtailing into a power line). Stupid me, I immediately go around to the short part of the alley and pull into my carport without cruising around for a little while to let it blow over. Right about then I hear this scraggly voice say, "hey". It sounded like an old lady smoker. Anyway I went inside and like an idiot thought I would throw the trash out and maybe tell the lady that she's an idiot.... Well I start walking towards the dumpster which is the same way that the moving truck is. This dude practically runs after me and asks me if the black car was mine. I said yes and he said what's the f*ing deal. I asked him why he couldn't park his truck the other way or move it backwards. Then he punched me. It didn't feel like much at the time, I just remember thinking he just hit me! Well he keeps coming towards me. I told him I didn't want to fight and that he got his hit in you know so let's call it even. And he's like I'm about to hit you a lot more than that. So I'm thinking man I really don't want to fight this dude because no matter who wins he's liable to try and kill me seeing how badly he reacts to having some gravel in his stuff. So some other guy came and got him. Me being worried that he would mess with my car or maybe even my wife, asked him if he's going to mess with my stuff (because he seems like the type). Well he says I'm not going to touch your $hit. And I believed him. So that was that.