HybridZ

Janspeed 240Z video!!

OlderThanMe

Any details about the car...other than straight cut gears which sound awesome.

Look for member Ben240z, he is from the UK. I'm currently talking to him about interest in the Janspeed Body Kit. He's made a couple of post in the "who has the baddest N/A L series" thread.

Tyson

From the Baddest N/A Thread:

"My N/A 3.1 at work. The engine is built using a nissan factory big bore block(extra thickness in the casting) with LD crank, 89mm forged pistons, 11.1 comp ratio, throttle slide assembly with 6 injectors set into DFL trumpets, coil on plug distributorless ignition controlled by DTA engine management with fully mapped ignitio and fueling. Traction control and launch control is part of the system but not used in the dry. Full data logging on the ECU. The engine at the moment has just finished the first full season in this form and is still very much under developement but at the moment is producing 200ft/lb @ 2000 rpm and 270ft/lb @ 4000.

The car itself is the car that Janspeed used to race in europe and the engines in the picture that Alan has posted on the OS GILKEN thread are the engines that were used in the car. The Xflow headed engine was never raced as there were serious head gasket failure issues. The slide throttle assembly, block and head are the same items that were used in the race car though the slide throttle was again never raced. This was used on an experimental injection setup that was being developed by Janspeed at the time. Sadly (for me and the history of the car) the xflow head was kept by the people that bought the car from Janspeed and sold on to it's present owner.

try this link to see the car at work

http://www.brayspeed.co.uk/assets/be...n%2006%20f.wmv

this link is a short vid of a shootout for a tuning mag that specialized in Japanese cars and is the only time I have done a 1/4 mile but was quite pleased with the results

0 to 60 4.2 secs

0 to 100 10.4 secs

1/4 mile 12.7 secs

cheers ben"

Tyson

that car has so much more horsepower than 200. i just refuse to believe that lol
HP = (TQ x rpm) / 5250

200 lbft @ 2000 rpm = 76 hp

270 lbft @ 4000 rpm = 206 hp

I'm sure the torque curve is still rising (or at least not falling) beyond 4k, so who knows what max HP is.

hi guys, thanks for the kind comments. To answer just a few things,

No it is not supercharged or turbocharged yet

No the torque figure stay at 270

Yes it does have more HP than 200

Yes it is still in a mild state of tune as we did not want to lose the motor so early in the project by getting maximum power straight out.

I got too much wheelspin on the take off so would expect the 0 to 60 time to dip below 4 seconds. I normally do 64 ft(i know its 60 ft in drag racing but on hill clims we time 64 ft as 64 ft in 2 seconds is 1G) in 2.1 seconds without the launch control.

The colours are the dutch flag colours in recognition of it's history

The gearbox is a modified 240rs casing to take the straight cut close ratio internals (custom made)

The aerodynamics are an ongoing project and the video has been helping to identify areas to be worked on and improved. Dont forget that when this car was built and raced the aerodynamic knowledge was not what it is today.

I am working on a full spec sheet and history of the car and will post up a link when it is finished, probably a blog as I can then keep updating it.

Once again thanks for the kind comments and interest. cheers ben

ps look for the green twin engined(megabusa) sports car at gurston on the www.brayspeed.co.uk link now that is awesome. There is also another 240z(a good friend of mine ken dollen)

I was informed that was a Janspeed car that ran frequently at Zandvoort. Maybe I should have my source look for those LY heads! LOL

My wife was not pleased to hear my celphone ringing at this hour (on the night table next to the bed)...

Why do I give my phone numbers to friends in Europe? LOL

Looks like I may indeed be visiting in October. While I was stil lup, I just had to come back and listen to that video again. I love the gear upchanges...

I may have to get a dog box for Bonneville. not that I need one, but just for the "cool factor"! LOL

I was informed that was a Janspeed car that ran frequently at Zandvoort. Maybe I should have my source look for those LY heads! LOL

Tony yes this is the janspeed car that ran at zandvoort, and yes please let your source and anybody else find an LY head, even a damaged/incomplete one. Cheers ben