HybridZ

Tein coilovers on 240z?

Well technically speaking no, becuase TEIN dont make coilover specificlly for S30 chassis. But you got a couple of choices, 1st one call TEIN and get a quote on custom order of which ever line you want flex, tc, dc w/e which one you want and they will make them for you. Price is about $3k-5k depending on what you want. 2nd choice is buying one of there coilovers and just cut, weld, and fabricate to fit those suckers on "this has been done before" 3rd choice is just call Dave at AZC and buy his coilovers that are just as good as TEIN.

Welcome to the hybridz forum the best place on earth for the Z owners.

Next time just try searching and you will find alot of info on what you looking for.

There is another avenue, especially if you are not inclined to do the fab work yourself....Beta Motorsport (John Coffey's business). He can supply you with complete strut assemblies. You might at first think his cost is high until you realize all that is involved. John is an upstanding, well known, and very talented guy.

Tom

I'm interested in the Tein's too. I've seen some Japanese and Australian cars online with Teins, but never a descrition of how, or what model struts they used. I would love to be able to use their EDFC, it's a digital controller that can adjust damping real time (@$350).

i have EDFC on my 240sx. its pretty cool but mostly for bling factor or sheer lazyness. i usually drive around on really stiff settings but its nice to be able to soften up when you have chicas riding with you without having to pop the hood. EDFC only works with the FLEX coilovers anyway, which are softer than the more race oriented setups.

I thought it said on Tein's website the EDFC works on all their newer struts? Having to have soft struts revalved puts you right back up there with cu$$$tom struts. Damn.

I agree with you. I love the EDFC mainly for ease of use. It does work on the SS-P coilovers too which is what I was hoping to use.

Be careful using Teins, they are a quality product but the Japanese have a habit of valving and springing them way too hard for ordinary road use. Basically they appeal to the name JDM market where a cool ride is a hard drift type setup.

Konis for one are much more suitable.

one might be able to make their own EDFC utilizing tokico illuminas, and a servo of some sort, mounted on the top. you'd have to be able to make it turn the little slot an exact amount of degrees [72 per setting, because there's 5 settings. 360/5=72]

using a stepper motor and a circuit built to handle however many slices your turn-knobs on your suspension has within a 360 degree (or double or triple) circle, you could make your own EDFC. the problem is mounting the motors, as most of them are rather large, and not on a low profile like the ones used from the EDFC, which have their own casing, i believe.

It's not feesable for the regular car nut, but for someone with a electrical/technical background or someone who is willing to help you get the motor structure and circuit wired up properly, it should be a fun and challenging project.

using a stepper motor and a circuit built to handle however many slices your turn-knobs on your suspension has within a 360 degree (or double or triple) circle, you could make your own EDFC. the problem is mounting the motors, as most of them are rather large, and not on a low profile like the ones used from the EDFC, which have their own casing, i believe.

It's not feesable for the regular car nut, but for someone with a electrical/technical background or someone who is willing to help you get the motor structure and circuit wired up properly, it should be a fun and challenging project.

Uh oh...

I've got an extra microcontroller, some stepper motors, illuminas, and some free time :wink:

Mario