HybridZ

so how many spare car parts do you have laying around?

OlderThanMe

Well, maybe a little shameful...

Anyone wanna throw some stuff at a poor ex-Marine trying to restart his life in Boston? Pleeeease...

-My piston rings are done.

-Center console got damaged when the stereo was stolen.

-PO put tiny, tiny tires on it, so I'm paying for 85mph and getting 60mph.

-The bushings are shot.

-Exhaust leak, which I can fix tomorrow (uncle lent me the three bucks for a flange gasket).

-I think it might actually prefer to run on oil, the way it goes through it.

-I now get to drive to Boston tomorrow night without a stereo (might be able to Jerry-rig something out of two speakers I found in the trash yesterday, though).

But hey, at least she runs! Well, walks. Okay, stumbles.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my situation changed when my slicktop NA 1986 decided to commit suicide at only 244k miles.......now i have an entire 1986 normally aspirated slicktop z31 to find a new home for-----so far, feb 3 is cannibalization day......entire thing goes--my favorite and first Z........so.....either come that day with tools and a trailor if you want the biggest bits--ofmake me an offer on the whole car-----i think i can get more for her by dispo'ing the many parts i have replace on her--the only ones not so good are the ball joints--there is slight movement in them according to z-whizz---and the oil pump which caused the suicide, and the main bearing, i presume--everything else should be still good. car still starts and runs---but she wont for long with her death rattle noise. oh--her body is in need of great love and smooth handling after the mercedes bends it incident that tore her booty skin just above the bullet exhaust i had placed.

yes--i promised pix for today--i lied--i was too cold to go to shore yesterday.......i HAVE to go today--so pix will be taken of my bashful piglet and posted tonite.........

4 14x7 Tornado's with BFG's 265/50/14 on 2, and Azenis RT-215 185/60/14 on the other 2.

4 14x6 Watanabe RS's, with 2 Azenis RT-215's and 2 RT-615's.

2 14x6.5 Watanabe RS-8's with Yoko ES-100's.

2 13x6.5 Watanabe RS's with Advan A048's.

2 13x6.5 Enkie's With Advan A048's.

4 14X8 Slotted mags with Dunlop GT qualifiers.

4 14x6 Slotted Mags, 2 bare, and 2 with dead tires.

4 17x7.5 Kosei K-1s with new tires.

4 17x7.5 Tenzo R's with decent tires.

4 14x6.5 Watanabe RS-8's no tires

4 14x6 Subaru steelies

4 13x5.5 Mugen CF-48s with Advan A008's.

2 15x10 American racing with 4 new Dunlop Sport Sp9000 245/35/ZR15's.

2 15x12 American Racing...still looking for tires.

4 17x8 Rota Battles with half dead tires.

4 16x7.5 Milli Miglia's with dead slicks.

1 Jeep rim.

4 13x6 Honda steelies with Advan A048s.

59 wheels....x 5 cars

2 new Hoosiers for 13" wheels.

2 fiberglass fenders, 2 fiberglass rocker panels, Hooker Header, twice pipes, 280Z head with a bent valve, 2 280Z seats, spare whale tail, spare 3 peice tail spoiler, spare front airdam, 3" Supertrappe muffler, and tons of other parts just kicking around.. :lol:

Of those wheels, these are the best:

13x5.5 Mugen CF-48s with Advan A008's

Mugen Fan Clutches forever! The only wheel that holds a candle to the Advan Oni for JDM cool...

Yup. More function than form...and I wish all wheels were like them. First, the hub is Aluminum, and finned just like a fan clutch, so the hub will absorb the heat from the rotor or drums, and disperse that heat to open air, then there is the optional aero-cover that you bolt on, and that also aids in more brake cooling. Plus they were made for racing, so they are strong and lightweight...for their era. mine weighs about 11 lbs, which was good for the mid 1980's. And now they just have a classic bling to bring old school honda's back into the scene. Plus the Advan A008's only weigh 10 lbs, so for wheels and tires for my CRX, total of 88lbs...and the grip is awesome, no brakefade, and they are actually show worthy as well. Good luck finding a clean set for under $600. I also wish something like these could be made up for Z's...but with a decent lip.

aad.jpg

aai.jpg

aaz.jpg

aaf.jpg

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

• 5 months later...

Yeah olderthanme I have a p90a head sittin around i'm not using.

-3 L28 flywheels

-a whole 260Z UP FOR SALE!!!!

-280ZX rear hatch

-280ZX front bumper and brackets

-260Z hood

-N/A L28 intake and exhaust manifold

-L28et intake manifold

-P90a head

-L28et stock fuel rail

-L28e fuel rail

-clutch slave cylinder

-5 speed tranny

I'm sure there's more. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

well as far as spare parts specifily Impossible for me to list. only a 1/4 of it is z any thing

but it all takes up 4 8foot tall 8 foot wide shelves and another 15x20 ft of floor space. I get stuff really cheap and I just kinda hoard. AND I have abondand projects in the past. so everything but the car satyed.Not nearly as bad as my neighbors though. both of them have 8 or 9 semi trailers packed with every thing and any thing. They're the guys I call at 3 AM "do you have one of these" ......lol

but off the top of my head

- 4 l28's

- 1 l20a

- 3 z five speeds

-1 z four speed.

- boxes of injectors for eveything

- boxes of fuel pumps, oil pumps

-2 toploader 4 speeds

-3 toyota 20r's

-2 460's

-2 76 celicas in boxes

- 4 toyota t-cases