HybridZ

Turn Signal Ideas Needed- HELP!

Guest VATEZ

I just installed a new fiberglass airdam from Motorsport Auto (see link) on my 240Z. They recommend using a grille from a 260Z so that OEM T/S can be used. That's all well and good, but- I thought that this would be a great time to upgrade to something a little more in tune with the mod- maybe sequential LED's or something. I'm just having trouble finding anything.

So, I turn to you fine folks that have never let me down! I have enjoyed this site for many years. I've never posted before, but, I've used the search function to it's fullest to complete my V8Z conversion and find the majority of you very knowledgable and patient :icon10:

The airdam I have is this one right here --------> http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/7AD1/50-1439

IMG_8936cc_thumb.JPG

you could also cut slots in the front airdam and put little LED "slits" behind them. I'm going to fill my tailpanel flat flush with the hatch and do something there as well. I've seen the corvette taillight swap but I'm thinking 67-69 cougar/shelby lights or something. I have the "old fashioned" simple spoiler already. I've chunked the bumpers front and rear and filled the body dimples where they used to fit. I've also filled the side marker lights front and rear and think I may lose the door handles next.

this is what I did. I got some led turn signals from somewhere on line, but I don't remember where. Just some small amber LED lights. I covered the stock grill with the same type of wire mesh that is on the airdam. The lights are small enough to fit between the slats on the stock grill, and I covered them with tinted vinyl, to hide them (although it does cut down on their brightness quite a bit). I cut mounting holes in the mesh wire and bolted them onto the wire grill that overlays the stock grill.

(contrast and brightness added so you can see them)

turnsignall2vy9.jpg

turnsignalsmallbj6.jpg

I dont know if this what you want to do, but the UK and AU versions of the S30 Z have their turnsignals mounted under the actual bumper, which looks really neat and very visible. But where to get those turn signals with the original braket, might be hard. Unless some of the Australian guys could get you some.

Personally i love the 240z turnsignals and allready have a brand spanking new set that i paid some $$$ for it that will go in with a 240z air dam with ducks on to 280z.

Just my .02 cents

Try this: http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-12-Volt-Ultra-Bright-LEDs-LED-Dutch-BIN-ANY-COLOR_W0QQitemZ250060315952QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I tought about that too, I tought about integrating them into the bumper itself or:http://cgi.ebay.ca/BMW-5-SERIES-87-501-W5W-QUAD-LED-SIDELIGHT-BULBS-PAIR_W0QQitemZ260062820756QQihZ016QQcategoryZ72233QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem on the tip of the inner lower corner of the head light buckets right where it meets the grill. My 0.02:2thumbs:

When I was modding the body.. I was wanting to do an LED light strip that when around the bottom edge of the bucket and wraped around to the side a little. The 350Z has something similar, only problem was I could figure out anyway to make the plastic to protect the LED's and circuitry (I wanted it flush mount). I supose with a dirll and some silicone.. you could drill holes in teh bottom edge and just poke the LED thruogh with a dab of silicone?

hope it helps.

-Ed