HybridZ

S130 monstertach and 270 KMH speedo install

frank280zx

I always hated tachs ON the dash or wherever, However next time mine will mount there haha .. it took me a good 9 hours of my life but it looks somewhat decent in my book ..

100_2007.JPG

As you can see i cut a hole in the 'glas' so i can still dail in the shift light, apart from the the whole tach can turn so i can get used part in sight more .. as i doubt my z will do 10K like the Bonneville car

100_2000.JPG

As you see here you need to cut the print for the tach to fit, and you have to disassemble the tach as wel.

Not completely finished as i brushed off the leads became obsolete. I rerouted them by soldering wires, and have a couple left to do as i run out of time.

Next to that i cut another print and spaced it to keep the original plugs working .. they wont fit jammed next to the tach and some of the pins have been rerouted as the came in harms way.

Far from done just dangling there but here is the bigger picture

100_2003.JPG

so if you want a tach like this .. buy an s30 or spent a decent amount of time

BTW you ' need' one like this with the Mallory hi fire systems as the stock tach does not like signal from the high discharges unit as much.

I know all about cutting up that cluster! It sure can get hairy quick! I did something sililar to you but then took it a step further. It was actually much easier to just replace all four gauges than to try to make the other ones work after hacking up the back of the cluster.

redone_cluster-264x170.jpgredone_back_of_cluster-267x172.jpg

I also made it removable by putting the wirnig through 2 connectors.

Guy

Oh yes lots of fun, not :)

Mine will be similar to Guy's, except a whole new back will have to be made because the VDO speedo and tach are just a bit too small to fit into the stock circles.

Using the VDO stuff because its electronic and adaptable to any setup although it does not look as good as the Autometer gear. But the VDO speedo reads to 300kph which is some compensation :twisted:

260DET .. a question for you .. i have hear roumers of a nismo cluster for s130 available in japan .. never seen one .. so my geuss would be the a confused with the Skyline ones.

The tach is supossed to reach 10K and speedo 300 ( bastard!!! )

Is this true? you are closer to Japan so i hope you would know.

s130's rock .. ( haha just had to !! sorry guys!)

Hi Frank,

It's not a story or a rumour, i'ts also not a Nismo item. I think that it was done by the owner of the s130, and I do have some pictures :D Enjoy!

foto_1.jpg

So Frank, time to get the Dremel and get back to work again :P

P.s. Frank, the 240z turbo is now up and running with B&W T5, turbo cv swap and turbo 3.36 diff :D See you soon.

Rick