HybridZ

anyone good with photoshop?

Guest Death69

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Death69

i really like the gun metal idea, especially with that cf bonnet, a real "stealth" look

yea. i wasnt even thinkin of that. hmmm its between red and gunmetal now

Guest Death69

yea, i like that darker more gunmetal color much better. if anyone has seen the color known as dark sparkling graphite metallic thats on the new bmws, i think that would be a great color

Just draw a clean path around what you want to change. Then use hue/saturation and purhaps curves or whatever or other color adjustment tool you prefer.

Guest Death69
hey who ever is doing the photoshop stuff could you do another thread of a tutorial on how you do that color change stuff?? I know of one way and its nothing like you are doing.... Or a site that has that tutorial would work too.

search google. im feelin lazy now but there are some good sites that talk about all kinds of things to do with photoshop

I never saw that picture so many times in a thread...

DAMN your FMIC is big 240hoke. I guess I never really noticed... Crazy.

If anyone can't find ANYTHING about this on google I'll do a write up. But I must admit there's tons of info out there on the subject.

don't mean to hijack the thread, but this is somthin i found cool, It's gotta take along time with photoshop, but it looks cool.

Snoop dogg pic

-SnoopDoggcutout.jpg

-then you draw him using plain black,i used a combination of the paint brush & the lasso tool to remove and create corners:

(not as straightforward as that,its the hardest part)

snoopdrawing.jpg

3-then use the colour grey to draw the shadows (on a different layer) and feather it then set the layer to 'multiply' (this will make the gray burn the colour below):

snoopshadows1hn1dm.jpg

4-then paint the body (all on seperate layers)

snoopbodypaint4wc9st.jpg

then paint the face a plain skin tone on a seperate layer,reason for this is your gonna be messing around with it a lot after:

snoopfacepaint4rn7cj.jpg

then using a combination of the burn tool & the dodge tool create the shadows ect,this isnt easy and has to be correct or it will all ♥♥♥♥ up,look at the shadows on the origional of course for reference:

And you got your final pic:

snoopfinal3yu.jpg

if you wanna see something that takes a long time, how about a Pagani Zonda C12s made of only shapes, and no gradients whatsoever?

window would be about 24 layers.

headlights and even screws would be more than 5 layers each.

and it would look something like this:

zonda.jpg

took me 8 hours. my professor had told the class it was the best he had ever seen, and said it must have taken upwards of 25 - 35 hours, and i just nodded my head.

=)

i finished this the night before the project was due.

it was a mercedes dtm car that i stopped working on first. then a picture britney spears that i did pretty well, but i didn't like the way i did vector'd her face. then i did this with only 10 hours left till class.

slept on the way there, woke up 5 min before my presentation.

=)

btw 240zv8,

i wouldn't use photoshop on a project like that, as it doesn't scale well with printing.

lets say i wanted to print that the size of my door, using illustrator and gradient mesh tool instead of burn and dodge tool in photoshop would be your best bet.

as always, make sure you're making the image at atleast 300 dpi.

i usually go 600 dpi at the size it will be printed, so i can double the size, or even triple it, as 150dpi is sufficient enough for most printers.

Guest JrMustang

I think some of you guys are niave to the capabilities of photoshop

this was my first ever go at a car rendering in photoshop..

toon2xg.th.jpg

and a much cleaner one

s2000wallrobertondb2.th.jpg

havn't done anything like this in a long time, the possibilities of digital car modifications are endless. this was my first attempt at "chopping"... a few years ago now...

minimasterpeice1cu.jpg

if any one has any requests reggarding potential ideas for their cars feel free to ask.

keep in mind its been well over a year since i've done anything like this so my skills are not their best.

James