HybridZ

Poetic Justice

dr_hunt

Some of you may not know, but awhile back 3 kids vandalized my shop, peterbilt truck, pinks car, 260z and the '33 dodge. Total damage was around $8K. They tried to burn the peterbilt and the pinks car and the shop but were unsucessfull. Poured gas and diesel in the peterbilt cab and on the pinks car, broke all the glass out of both and the 260z. I managed to catch them in the act when I was driving into the yard.

The suspects were caught, two were 10 year olds and one was a 7 year old.

Well, two months ago one of the 10 year olds shot himself, and last week the other one did the same with a 12 gauge shotgun under the chin. Now all we have left is the seven year old.

It's not normal for 10 year olds to do that kind of vandalism IMO without having serious other "problems". The Children Youths and Families department disagreed and suggested family counseling. Well, that obviously didn't work but the 12 gauge did!!

Poetic justice!!

Both 10 year olds are dead and planted 6 feet under. The seven year old was a friend and not related family wise like the two 10 year olds were.

Now the family is moving out of that trailer and trailer park due to the "mess" that was left inside. I can only imagine how hard this is for the parents but this or worse was bound to happen to both of them since they started their criminal careers at such an early age.

I think the authorities should take a close look at the living conditions/situation of any remaining children in both the families' homes and look for signs of neglect/abuse. They also need to question why a 10 year old has access to a 12ga shot gun:nono:

This kind of tragedy is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain and family/social dysfunction. It's likely these kids have/had little/no parental guidence or caring.

Their behavior was a cry for help or an indication that something in their family was bad wrong.

Can't save some, definately can't save em all. The parents should be shot next. A ten year old can hardly be totally accountable for their decisions

Glad they chose their selfs rather than you Doc, or the general public.

Probably saved society a lot of money over the long haul........

This kind of tragedy is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain and family/social dysfunction. It's likely these kids have/had little/no parental guidence or caring.

I throughly understand chemical imbalances and the effect on the mind, but for TWO 10 year olds to "off" themselves, there are issues with in the family that need to be scrutinized by the authorities.

Well, you can't save all kids guys. Some are too far gone and these were certainly two examples of a family in crisis. Now the family moves because it lost it's welfare check that they depended on for survival and continued leaching on society. Neither parent worked and this is the result of the upbringing they showed their kids.

Just goes to show you that when you have a criminal committing a felony in your sights, sometimes it's probably better to save the system and others the grief of their continued felonious actions.

Sad, but a reality of life in the ghetto's of america.

A bloody sad story all round.

Someone has let these kids down, let them down to the extent that they had to turn to serious vandalism, arson for kicks..

I am sorry they shot themselves too, these were very sick kids who needed to be insitutionalised by the sound of it.

Sorry for the long rant, got a lot on my mind....................

A bloody sad story all round.

Someone has let these kids down, let them down to the extent that they had to turn to serious vandalism, arson for kicks...

I am sorry they shot themselves too

This bit I agree 100% with, along with some of the other comments so far. It's sad seeing "kids" doing this sort of thing..............

, these were very sick kids who needed to be insitutionalised by the sound of it.

These are the sorts of comments I have to say I don't agree with. I'm not in any way disrespecting anyone's opinions, and I'm not trying to start anything here with what I say, however I believe learning good values lies more in the old fashioned discipline way than what people say.

I was bought up pretty strict. Hell, I'm not even 30 yet and I can tell you pretty much every ilegal thing I've done in several countries. Yet I've still had an interesting life, wasn't too restricted by my parents. However, looking at my wife's family, there's a lot more to what I'm saying, and all this is coming from first-hand experience.

My wife is 25, got back into the work-force after spending 18 months or so looking after our first-born. She's the oldest, with three younger brothers. She's recently been put on Chlorazapan (sp?) and Prozac for health reasons, and can blow up at any time, yet probably the hardest working of all the children. She spent a fair time down south here helping set up the new dairy farm, just her and her father, mother and brothers were in the North Island. She'd be the most likely of the family to commit a planned murder........... disturbing, isn't it??

Her next oldest brother has problems judging right from wrong, especially if he's been drinking or smoking pot. Most of this stems from a brain injury he sustained 4 or 5 years ago. He'd more than likel kill someone by accident, not through thinking about it. However it's the next brother I'm concerned about.

He's just on 18, been "institutionalized" for the last 6 years. He has ADD, ADHD, he's schizophrenic (sp?) and psychotic, just to mention the worst 4 things. The worst thing is, he was probably the best behaved out of the whole family until they put him away and upped the medication. Since then he's basically become a vegetable, drools a lot, repeats the same questions, and so on. Even without the medication, he can be the best behaved out of the whole family.

In contrast, My wife's youngest brother is now sitting in prison after a string of driving offences, after being forced to move out of home after stealing so much and damaging so much stuff from the whole family (including me), yet he's the "baby" of the family and can do no wrong in his mother's eyes. He had the balls, when 12, to tell his parents "you can't smack (spank) me, or else I'll call the cops". He knew that that is the law. he's the true "psycho" of the family, yet there's nothing medically wrong with him. But I'd expect him to go full Colombine on everyone cause he's got the street smarts to do it, blame it on someone else and get away with it.

I listened, I've seen, and I know how hard the parents can be on the family. I've seen the scale, the oldest gets away with nothing but the youngest gets away with everything through the changing times.

My whole point to this long ramble is that, while it is the parent's fault for not instilling the correct morals and values, it's also society's fault for letting these little c**ts turn around and sue their parents for the smack on the bum they got when they were 5.

Not having a dig at the US of A (or anywhere else for that matter when I say this) because everywhere is heading the same direciton, but everyone needs to stop blaming and sueing everyone else for their actions. I don't like what happened to dr_hunt's possessions, but I certainly like what those kids did at the end a hell of a lot less............ institutions aren't the place for children, families who actually give a damn and show some sort of interest and attention are.