HybridZ

Supra injector mounting

jmark06

I can't find any info on this. How are those of you using 440cc Supra Turbo injectors mounting them The small seal from the Z injectors seams to work right at the intake manifold but the big rubber seal slips around on the injectors. So how are ya'll holding them in? I can't seem to find seals with a small enough ID to fit the Supra injectors and still have a large enough OD to fill the injector retainers. Thanks.

I'm using a JSK fuel rail, it's still barbed, and I'm using a seal kit I got from Carquest. The seals they sell are a bit smaller ID and are a REAL tight fit on the ford 437cc inj. I'm using, which are about the same size as the nissan ones.

These Carquest outer orings might just fit the supra injectors.

If not, you can wrap the supra injector with some electrical tape so it's a tight fit.

As long as it won't back out it'll be fine, as the sealing is accomplished by the inner O ring anyway.

• 4 years later...

This is a very old thread, but I hope we can get a better answer than electrical tape...

I'm mounting Supra MKIII turbo 440cc injectors in an 11mm fuel rail, and I'm concerned that the injector seals on the rail side are a little loose. I feel like they should seat pretty snugly, but all my injectors are a tad loose. Does anyone have a suggested part number for a rail-side injector seal that seats tightly in an 11mm fuel rail?

Pallnet used to sell a whole kit of rubber seals for people using these injectors (I'm using the same) with fuel rail stock... I haven't been able to find any information on what sizes the seals were but I'm going to be needing this info soon too. Maybe he can chime in seeing as he's no longer selling them. I don't think his kit had any provisions for holding the injectors down other than the rail and brackets, but I might be mistaken on that.

It actually hasn't been made yet, I'm ordering one from Ryan. We've had more than one conversation regarding the mounting of the rail, and the various ways to go about it. He's making some custom brackets for my application, and may be able to do the same for you.

He's a good guy to work with, always keeps up with communication and good prices to boot.

Pallnet used to sell a whole kit of rubber seals for people using these injectors (I'm using the same) with fuel rail stock... I haven't been able to find any information on what sizes the seals were but I'm going to be needing this info soon too. Maybe he can chime in seeing as he's no longer selling them. I don't think his kit had any provisions for holding the injectors down other than the rail and brackets, but I might be mistaken on that.

Great to join the hybrid Z forum. I have the same issue with an 11mm pallnet rail and the 440cc toyota injectors. Can not wait to read from experts like you, where to get the seals for a good fit. I thought of using electrical tape or heavy duty duct tape but want a better solution.

Keep up the good work.

When I was running the Toyo 440 cc injectors I too was trying to find an o-ring source. I ultimately went to the local Toyota dealership and bought the O-rings from them.....ALL of them they had in stock (12). You might check with the local Toyo dealerships to start.

Check places like "O-Rings and Things" up in Ontario---if it's an o-ring they got it. Standard or Metric.

And likely in several different rubber compositions (epdm, nitrile, viton)---cheap too!

Near Cal Speedway, Bo! If you have a sample, they can get an A-number, or give you a dimension and you can order them from any industrial supply...

Sounds like an E-Bay sale in the making. You're welcome! :D

Tony, I hit O-rings and Things a long while back looking for them though I went there armed without the sufficient information I needed to purchase the correct set. I should have known better but I was close by and thought it was worth the 10 minute detour.

Once I re-plumb my system to be alcohol compatible I'll pick up some viton o-rings from them.

I bought a set of Fel-Pro Supra injector seals, and they fit fine. But it turns out that my rail doesn't line up with the intake manifold injector holes!!! Grr....

So now I need an AN-8 fuel rail bored for 11mm injectors for the 280zx, and I need one pretty quick! Anyone who can help, please let me know!