HybridZ

I can't stand ignorance

savageskaterkid

Its one thing to not possese the knowledge, but its another thing to have the wrong knowledge.

This is mostly a pointless rant, I really can't stand the ignorance of people who think they know everything about cars, yet when you make a point-they try and flip it as I don't know anything about cars.

Such as.....

My L28et setup runs about 8.2-8.3:1 CR and runnin about 10psi, and that is TOO much compression to run a turbo, the motor will blow in no time. Or that the lack of exhaust will cause my Z to go even slower, because of no backpressure-last I checked a turbo was backpressure,isn't it?

or, a Z can never beat a stock veyron(pretty pointless discussion) unless a million dollars was put into the Z, and by the point it would have been better to just buy a veryron anyway. Well, after this stupid discussion, I showed Zgads video where he ran 9.20 vs. a veyron puts down 10.2-10.4(depending on the article you read) And I went into great detail explaining that this isn't even the fasted Z out there, but no-"thats not the quarter mile, thats the 1/8 mile or 0-60 time"

Yet another, even if I could afford a skyline motor with basic bolt-ons making some good power, still wouldn't be enough to take a mild jetta 1.8t, because the Z is a slow car.

I think some people are just taught the wrong thing so much and are so close-minded that everytime they say something, and think there smart-they seem more like a jackass.

When I asked what the jetta had done to it, all he said was "you don't wanna know" maybe that translates to "I don't even know what I have, but its faster then my old civic hatch with a fartcan so it must be good" I think its pretty much stock, probly has exhaust and intake.

Sorry for such a long drawn-out post, but right now I'm pretty pissed off and really want to race him, but my L28 is being takin apart for good this time, and a new powerplant will be going in-hopefully by the end of spring so I can put this guys thoughts to rest.

On a side note, would anyone in the Newport News area like to race a Jetta in there Z? Just for kicks.

• Administrators
This is mostly a pointless rant, I really can't stand the ignorance of people who think they know everything about cars, yet when you make a point-they try and flip it as I don't know anything about cars.

Feel better? :wink:

that's the best quote I've ever heard, dave! Skater, I feel your pain, brother. It seems like I get stuck talking to all the useless no-nothings, it does my heart some good to know I'm not the only one. Not that I'm the fountain of all knowledge, but if you don't even own your own car, don't come tell me about ANYTHING that your buddy drives and you think is fast. I'm really not even concerned right now how fast my car is, I just want the stupid thing to run right. My friendly rivalry at work consists of a guy building an Eclipse GST that is shooting for as much as he can get, but he likes to inform me that the block (2.3 stroker or something) made 600+ on the car it came out of, a guy with a 95 Saturn SC2 that has a custom (read: home-built) turbo setup on a megasquirt that dynoed at 330whp [actually, this guy is really cool, and built my MS for me for free], and a guy with a 00 Civic Si with some kind of turbo kit on it who just got his block sleeved and is only waiting for his Hondata standalone to get tuned so he can cruise around in a 500hp daily driver. So when people come in to the dealership and tell me how fast their bone-stock Ion Redlines are, and should they put a wastegate on it to make more HP (keep in mind these cars are superchargerd, not turbo), I just roll my eyes and go hide in the parts cave...where I'm just biding my time reading my JTR manual...

This is all about a drag race? Drama......

not really about a dragrace, just being stupid-I am going to race him just to shut him up though. But like most sour losers I'll prolly hear "I missed second" "theres something wrong with my car, I would have beat you" or any other excuse. But atleast this way he'll shut up.

You guys just don't know how to work it. You can win some money from the "know-it-alls" as you play along with them, make them feel confident, and get them to bet on a race. I love it when I encounter know-it-alls with a slightly modified car and a lot of money in their wallets.

Here's an example:

Weeks before an event a lot of EVO guys and their entourage were talking trash on a message board about how uber-fast their cars were. I started getting involved and just acted in awe of how fast the cars might be and how lucky I was just to be on the same track with my Rusty Old Datsun. Things went back and forth and I ended up betting Robbie, with his Road Race Engineering prepared EVO, that I would beat him by 1 second at each track on the event schedule. Just a friendly bet of $20. This beat was the teaser.

After this was posted on the various message boards a lot of the entourage wanted in on it, figuring an old Datsun couldn't possibly beat their all conquering EVO. I took about 10 bets and even got odds from some of the guys.

At the first track on the event schedule I beat the EVO by 5 seconds. The smallest margin was 3 seconds and one track the EVO didn't even run because his engine blew. I collected from Robbie and promptly gave him his $20 back (he worked his butt off getting a new engine in his car overnight to make the last event). I was able to collect from six of the ten other bets (four welched and said it was unfair). That's how you work know-it-alls.

That's why I try not to brag about anything, there's ALWAYS somebody better, and you just look all the dumber if you run your mouth off and you lose. When I was in France, I met a Lebanese girl who was talking a big game about how she was so good at Chess, and I was all: "I like to play chess..." So she was like: "if you want, but I'm PREEETTTY good..." I don't claim to be especially good at chess, but I use the time that the other player is thinking to do my own planning, so I usually have my move ready once they're done. Playing "fast" like that can be off-putting to somebody who spends a lot of time on their moves (like she did), and it really took her out of her game. (another tactic I'll use is just to ignore something you do that is supposed to make me run and hide, like for instance I don't have any problem trading queens) So anyway, I really wish I'd thought to put some stakes on that one. She never did play again the rest of the time i was there, even though she said she wanted a rematch...

im surrounded by these idiots aswell. one guy with a srt4 was telling me that he's going to get a custom CARBON FIBER exhuast manifold for weightsavings and run 60psi. then he installed a bov upside down....its depressing listening to these retards. oh yeah, acouple of months ago, he crashed his car into a wall going 130mph+.

You guys just don't know how to work it. You can win some money from the "know-it-alls" as you play along with them, make them feel confident, and get them to bet on a race. I love it when I encounter know-it-alls with a slightly modified car and a lot of money in their wallets.

I plan to run him at low boost just so he can win, then ask for 2 out of 3-hes cocky-he'll take it. Second race run a bit more boost just enough to barely beat him. He'll say he didn't shift right, and he would have gotten me. So I'll bet him 20 bucks. Race three will be at my max boost setting and a bit of spray, just to keep him wondering.

btw, one of my friends told me about this supposedly badass jetta-Its stock!!!

not really about a dragrace, just being stupid-I am going to race him just to shut him up though. But like most sour losers I'll prolly hear "I missed second" "theres something wrong with my car, I would have beat you" or any other excuse. But atleast this way he'll shut up.

In the last few months you've posted a couple of these... I'm going to give you some solid advice... DON'T HANG AROUND DRAMA PEOPLE!

I have nephew I used to refer to as my little brother... He is my nephew because he isn't worthy to be my little brother. He is 26 years old, has been unemployed most of his adult life and he lives with and leeches off my retired parents. He is essentially worthless and has fallen out of my good graces... I feel I have to mention this because it's importand as to why you need to stop hanging around drama and stupid people.

Every since my nephew has had his license, he has congregated around anyone and everyone stupid enough to fight about benchraces. He's constantly going to "show" someone or "prove that idiot wrong". I've always thought that it takes way more time and effort to try to prove the idiots wrong and in the end you eventually get some of that stupid to rub off on you. I pretty much wrote the boy off after this past summer he went to a parking lot looking for a race and ended up on the wrong side of a pair of brass knuckles. Some kid blind-sided him and he never saw it coming... Just what he needed, more head trauma to make him dumber! :lmao:

You've commented a couple times about "racing" people. I hope you're doing it at a track. I hope you get what I'm implying above. You have ZERO to prove to the idiots of the world, unless you're just trying to prove you belong in their ranks. I don't think that's your intent, but you might want to re-think these little rants before posting them. You can't "show" every idiot in Mechanicsville that they are wrong. Otherwise it'll be a full time job.

Mike

Here's an example:

Weeks before an event a lot of EVO guys and their entourage were talking trash on a message board about how uber-fast their cars were. I started getting involved and just acted in awe of how fast the cars might be and how lucky I was just to be on the same track with my Rusty Old Datsun. Things went back and forth and I ended up betting Robbie, with his Road Race Engineering prepared EVO, that I would beat him by 1 second at each track on the event schedule. Just a friendly bet of $20. This beat was the teaser.

After this was posted on the various message boards a lot of the entourage wanted in on it, figuring an old Datsun couldn't possibly beat their all conquering EVO. I took about 10 bets and even got odds from some of the guys.

At the first track on the event schedule I beat the EVO by 5 seconds. The smallest margin was 3 seconds and one track the EVO didn't even run because his engine blew. I collected from Robbie and promptly gave him his $20 back (he worked his butt off getting a new engine in his car overnight to make the last event). I was able to collect from six of the ten other bets (four welched and said it was unfair). That's how you work know-it-alls.

At which point they took you out and broke your thumbs.

I loved that movie.